1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Backed up by Sally Yates in her testimony...another one of those "breaking stories" that we already knew. I totally support the media but they are a hard bunch to love!

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Well, at least he didn't call white supremacists "very fine people."

Oh, shit.

My bad.

4. lakefront

Including the public support of flynn by trump.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s simple: People like that aren’t to be compromised with. They’re to be defeated.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Why wait?

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  8. lakefront

You are half right. (second half)

9. Guy_Incognito

You (plural) are talking a lot about what led to Trump. Palin I think is fair, Bush McCain - I don't see that. And in the end there are likely many reasons. One I think is important is the post-modern ideology which wiped out most notions of objective truth in all kinds of areas. I think it's not a coincidence that we now have a leader who can get away with passing blatant lies off as his truth.

lakefront likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dammit. I was wondering how long he would take to get it on his own! That is exactly why I responded to that post by laughing at YF and calling him a dummy.

Does anybody actually believe President Trump isn't still running his businesses?

lakefront likes this.
  11. Guy_Incognito

And if that doesn't happen, I'd vote for just about any Democrat I need to.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. lakefront

Yes, Tapper made that observation early on. He said that everyone who hated him when he "criticized" Hillary, now love him when he "criticizes" trump. Don't we all get that? It is laundry. Isn't this a known fact about humans? The conservatives who now hate Schmidt will love him again. The conservatives loved Comey, then the liberals loved him, rinse and bleeping repeat. Maybe this is a good time in history for all of us to remember this and try to keep an open mind when things people say are not 100% to our liking. I have gained respect for all the never trumpers, first because they are f'ing right, but also because they have the guts to be public about it. When the tables turn, I will remember this and be more willing to hear their side of other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.