1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

alphonse capone is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no doubt Trump and Trumpists would prefer Manafort be in gen pop. Easier to get to.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Did you know his name is Alphonse? No one actually knows that ..."

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People are talking...

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Every time Trump whines about stuff like this, I’m reminded of the scene in Friends when Rachel is in labor and accidentally headbutts Ross, who then whines, “You have NO IDEA how much this hurts!”

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bingo.

#thecouphasalreadyhappened

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Let's see, Obama, not focus of attention everyday so when he does make an appearance it can be considered news. (especially in the company of VP)
    trump, supposed billionaire, who said he would not take salary---oh, the sacrifice!!---does not take salary, but in the meantime causes so much chaos on many other topics, that it is not noticed when he donates the salary he was not going to take. Besides, I am sure fox must have reported it.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I will let others handle the rest, but if you remember, they ran a bunch of emails through a program to see if any were new. That was no miracle process, probably some microsoft program.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, of course, he was going to be too busy to play golf.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You think it was a coincidence that Biden and Obama both showed up at that bakery? It's part of a program for veterans. It hires vets and teaches them how to run a bakery business, then the vets go back home and start a small business.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is there some evidence that he is?

That would be a big story, that a lot of talented reporters would be interested in breaking.

And so, if he is, why haven’t we seen any evidence?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps from
    the Internet to the crowd at Trump’s ‘MAGA’ tour

Trump himself has at times been a purveyor of conspiracy theories, most notably in refusing for years to back down from his false claim that Barack Obama was not born in the United States. He also asserted without evidence that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower, peddled the debunked idea that millions of illegal votes cost him the popular vote and associated the father of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with the assassin who shot John F. Kennedy.

But viewing their message boards, it’s clear that QAnon crosses a new frontier. In the black hole of conspiracy in which “Q” has plunged its followers, Trump only feigned collusion to create a pretense for the hiring of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who is actually working as a “white hat,” or hero, to expose the Democrats. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and George Soros are planning a coup — and traffic children in their spare time. J.P. Morgan, the American financier, sank the Titanic.

In the world in which QAnon believers live, Trump’s detractors, such as Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona and Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, wear ankle monitors that track their whereabouts. Press reports are dismissed as “Operation Mockingbird,” the name given to the alleged midcentury infiltration of the American media by the CIA. The Illuminati looms large in QAnon, as do the Rothschilds, a wealthy Jewish family vilified by the conspiracy theorists as the leaders of a satanic cult. Among the world leaders wise to satanic influences, the theory holds, is Russian President Vladimir Putin. ...

When “Q” is absent for long stretches of time, followers take note.

“Please tell me where to go,” one wrote last month. “I feel lost without Q.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.