1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. Neutral Corner

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

But...what if they're actually dumb?

It's an entire region living in a second-hand version of the culture and accomplishments of their parents and grandparents. These aren't the people who fought the Nazis and built an economic superpower. It's the children, the grandchildren of those people, latching onto that identity while doing nothing to sustain what actually made it honorable. Instead of having misunderstandings about the world because they had to leave school at 13 to work on the farm, they have the entire back catalogue of human knowledge at their fingertips and choose to ignore and ridicule it.

I'd suggest we as Midwesterners find a new way forward and stop playing the part of noble rube re-enactors.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin was lying her fool head off in the late summer and fall of 2008. Every day.
    She tapped her stick on the ice and made sure it was sturdy enough for all of that - and I am surprised she was not rewarded with an administration job for it.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

US signals intelligence, a surveillance machine so vast Xi Jinping can only envy it, has got to have recording and transcripts of all conversations between any Russians in the US, let alone sketchy intelligence figures and kleptocrats, and anyone else they speak to. Only the need not to reveal sources and methods keeps that information as secret as it is. As we saw in the indictments of specific Russians, Mueller is prepared to blow out a few sources and methods to make his cases.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Nicely argued.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

I'd suggest Midwesterners get over themselves, no disrespect intended.
    They were not present at the creation and there is nothing now that makes them exceptional, other than a bi-coastal contempt for their countrymen.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You didn't respond to what I asked. Palin was a mistake. I think there's blame to go around on what she became, but I don't think it's relevant to what I asked.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

Guy-
    Sorry, I cannot presume to understand what led to all of this. That's what the books are going to be about for the next few decades.
    When I was a kid I remember the genuine sense of surprise - the sense of national disappointment - there was when Oliver North admitted he lied to Congress.
    Now that shit wouldn't even register.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.