1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Speed's views on buying a computer:
    https://www.theonion.com/area-dad-just-wants-computer-with-the-basics-1819572272
    [​IMG]
    EDISON, NJ—Wary of paying too much for a new computer loaded with unnecessary bells and whistles, area dad Paul Moyers, 52, announced Friday that he just wants a regular, no-frills PC with only the basics.

Moyers, whose aging Compaq Presario ceased functioning earlier this week despite the fact that he deleted several old files and installed the latest version of Norton AntiVirus, said he doesn't want anything fancy and just needs a machine that allows him to get online, send e-mails, and use Microsoft Word.

Moyers reiterated several times that that's all he needs.

"I don't want someone trying to sell me something with a ton of memory or RAM or anything like that," said Moyers, adding that getting a computer with "all that graphics and sound stuff" would be a waste of money because he'd never use it anyway. "What I need is something that starts right up when you turn it on and goes right to Google when you click on Internet Explorer. Nothing crazy. As long as it's compatible with Comcast, so I can get on the Internet, I'm fine. "

Added Moyers, "I don't need a scanner."

Browsing through a Best Buy insert in USA Today, the husband and father of two said that it's important to have some idea of what you want before you buy "one of these things." He told reporters that if you don't do the necessary research, you'll spend way more money than you planned and walk out of the store with "some super-computer for tech guys."

Moyers, who used the phrase "bare bones" several times in reference to what his new computer should be, said that when he is eventually ready to buy, he plans to tell the salesman to take him to the simplest PCs they have, ones that will give him full access to his work e-mail and hopefully allow him to open up the photos his sister sent him from her vacation to the Bahamas, and not try to upsell him anything.

"I'm not going to be airbrushing photos, so I don't need Photoshop and I don't need video cards," Moyers said. "I need a keyboard, a mouse, and something that won't freeze up every 10 minutes. That's it."

"Oh, and it has to work with my iPod," he continued. "There's got to be a plug for that."

Moyers went on to list several programs and features he doesn't need on his new PC, some of which include the ability to play video games besides solitaire, watch YouTube videos, or download things. Further, Moyers told reporters that his old computer monitor works just fine, and that he would rather just use it than spend another $200 on something he already has.

"This is going to be my machine, not the family computer we keep in the living room," he said. "The last time I let everyone use my computer, it got filled up with all these videos and files and junk, and when I took it to the guy at OfficeMax, he said it was running slow because there was all this unnecessary stuff running all the time. It was taking five minutes for Quicken to open."

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sonic?

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

"Area dad" blech

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So right wing towns got scammed by a right wing scam artist. LOL. Good. And the citizens of Bumblefuck, Trump State are screwed, even better

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

Inbreeding

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer, Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Well, he is from QUEENS.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

He’s a queen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.