1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He's a coward who's ready to snap.

Double Down and heyabbott like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SHYFS lie to us? Unpossible.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always assumed GOP leaders manipulated the simpletons among their base by bashing the media, using dog whistles and fostering conspiracy theories because they worked, not because they actually believed in that stuff. Now I'm not so sure.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

HOT TAKE ALERT

I wonder if Mueller has the evidence to damn Trump and his family but is waiting for the election to announce his findings. That way either congress flips or enough seats switch that it scares the GOP sufficiently to actually begin impeachment proceedings. Right now I don't think the sycophants mess with Trump.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Only if they roller skate.

Ok, just kidding. I’m mostly basing this off my parents and they’d never tip at Sonic. I will if I get the chance but notice it’s not always easy. I won’t go out of my way to do so.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't think it's that complicated. He's always been careful and methodical and now he's going after the President. I think he wants a case that'd be convincing to a jury even if not for a Republican Congress. Just for the record.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

I expect unrest when he is removed from office. He's been cultivating that all along.
    That spawn of Australopithicus you saw last night is not going to just shrug and accept this and go about their business, whatever that is.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When you are investigating the WH - the jury you have to convince is the American people. Nixon wasn't brought down by Watergate, but by his approval ratings dropping to 24 percent prompting the Senate GOP to abandon him, which would guarantee his removal from office once he was officially impeached.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True. All the more reason to build a great case. One ignored factor in Nixon's fall was how the economy went to shit in the early '70s. Being broke is one thing that causes folks to rethink their partisan priors. But Trump is not popular. The third or so of the public that'll stick with him no matter what is far from a majority. If they resort to insurrection, well, let's see how they like a Hellfire missile up the tailpipe of their F-150 right next to the MAGA sticker. PS: I expect no such stuff to happen. These people are victimhood addicts. Losing would just be fentanyl to replace the Trump heroin high.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

Indeed. The Republicans were the heroes of Watergate. These so-called Republicans are not cut from the same cloth.
    I am surprised with his megalomania that he has not renamed the party.
    It deserves a renaming because it is not even scarcely Republican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.