1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Trump may be too intellectually deficient because of his delusional ego to go out like Nixon and resign. He'll go down both guns blazing declaring it's all fake news. The GOP needs the convincing whether it's ratings or getting killed in an election.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So do you consider the Never-Trump Republicans heroes, or do you have to succeed first?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hero's a weird word for politics. I respect their conviction and outspoken behavior. I dream of a day where I could go back to arguing with them about marginal tax rates.

Twirling Time likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I was using his word.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Old people don't riot.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK. I didn't go back to follow the thread, obviously. Hero's not a word I use for politics or sports except on the rarest of occasions.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This sums it up about as well as anything. I still think “Trump resigns and declares he fixed the country so there is no reason to do this anymore” is very much in play before 2020. He can then say, forever, that he’s the bestest prez of all time and was so good he needed only three years.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

These very fine people don't seem that old.

[​IMG]

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I never said that, Guy.
    I think denunciation of this pretend president is easy money and easy work for (smart) people like Rick Wilson and Steve Schmidt.
    Let's be honest - this is a third act for many of these guys. They are less fifth-columnists than they are self-preservationists.
    These were Iraq War cheerleaders, peddlers of failed policies and they all have their own histories to overcome.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think even my finest antagonists would agree this woman deserves a special place in hell.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.