1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For all the "This will be the end of Trump" proclamations we've had since the golf thread was started, a supreme, scientific ass-kicking at the polls may be the only thing it takes for the Republicans to abandon ship.

lakefront likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Double Down, I was telling my wife the other day that I hope more for unsealed indictments upon his natural exit from office (2020 defeat) than I do impeachment.
    Impeachment means he gets to go fuck off at his properties and whine as only he can. That's not good enough an ending for all of this.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

These people have reproduced, and their children are being inculcated.
    See the Boy Scout Jamboree and other examples.
    I've seen it in my hometown.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That will be beautiful to watch unfold, too. So beautiful.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I started to read that thing. I wasn't surprised when it led with a tale of how the son's condition had ravaged her life. I wasn't shocked when she said she wished she had aborted. But I wasn't shocked because I expected the piece would take some sort of turn that spoke for several paragraphs about how the son had suffered and how he'd have been better off not having been born, etc. But when it continued with lamentations about how difficult her life had been, I stopped.
    I can grasp frustration. Raising a child in this condition is something that, I suppose, takes an incredible amount of patience and counseling. But for crying out loud, don't cry out loud. If you have these sentiments, vent to a therapist. Do not open up your lamentations to millions of readers, taking refuge in the fact that the source of your angst lacks the intellectual capacity to comprehend.

franticscribe and Fred siegle like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And only if enough of them in the Senate sense that they'll be taken out by the voters if they don't do the right thing and remove Trump. I'm not holding my breath. There's a reason his approval ratings remain stagnant. Or constant, if you prefer. And it's not the economy.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let me guess: You pulled a YankeeFan and only read the tweet instead of bothering to read the actual story.

That being said, I agree with Tap. She shouldn't have written it as she did. I understand why she did it, though. Too many anti-aborts have used Down Syndrome babies as just another catchphrase without understanding the reality that families with Down kids face.

I remember a while back, you were celebrating Ohio trying to ban Down abortions. I pointed out in the same article that Democrats sought extra funding for the families who would have Down kids instead of aborting, but your Republican Party nixed it. I asked you to explain that inconsistency, and, as I recall, you said you couldn't.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Anyone who hasn't lived this type of life-testing challenge should refrain from trying to dictate policy.

Of course, men shouldn't dictate policy about women and their bodies, but we've all seen where that went. :cool:

p.s. This was not directed at you, Tap.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

At what point does the Twitter account get suspended? Seriously, what has to happen?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.