1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Nothing makes anyone right or wrong.
    I respect anyone's personal belief if they face that challenge.

That's my point. Anyone on the outside maybe oughta butt out. Did you see the part about outsiders dictating policy? Who trusts women's rights to old men?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Honestly, I probably overtip. I will leave 50% sometimes if the meal was inexpensive, and I always tip at Sonic if I get car service. My usual tip is 25%-30%, assuming the service is adequate. Folks gotta make a living!

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That’s good!

In the last decade I’ve gone from “of course I’ll dock the tip. How else am I supposed to express my outage at this menu item being sold out?” To pretty much always going above 20%. It’s just an extra buck or two to me but I know it feels like a lot to a server.

My 65 year old parents, though.... I feel like the rest of the world has gone from 10-15% to 20-20-20+% in the last 15 years. They didn’t get the memo.

Hermes and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

And I am outraged a bit at tip jars at counter service places, though I do often still tip a little. A tip jar for picking up ad Dominos pissed me off.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Damn I didn't think Shasta County was that conservative but boy was I wrong. The only county Trump won by a larger margin in California had 10,000 people cast a vote in 2016 and its in the heart of State of Jefferson territory.

7. Slacker

[​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Abortion abolitionists do not see it as a women's rights issue. They see it as a human rights issue. They see your statement - as foreign as this may seem to you - as something closer to "if a mother wants to abuse her kid, what business is that of some unaffiliated stranger?"

There are no outsiders, in their view. There's a life and a death to prevent. I can appreciate how offensive and oppressive that must seem.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Says you, it's an absolute wrong. Says someone else, something different. In fact the exact opposite. What makes you right? What makes them right?

jr/shotglass likes this.
  10. Slacker

It's not foreign to me at all. I sympathize with the tortured souls on each side.
    But those who push religion don't automatically get the moral high ground, or do they?

EDIT: I get what you're saying there. And I don't disagree with that aspect at all.

11. Neutral Corner

>grin<

melock and lakefront like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.