1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

And think of the boon to the gas station industry! I'm going to open my own chain, Pilot Gas Stations and Truck Stops.

4. Neutral Corner

From this morning's WaPo 202 -

- News organizations are pre-writing stories about White House officials’ departures to keep up with the level of turnover in the Trump era. The New Yorker’s Charles Bethea reports: “One White House reporter for a large newspaper told me in an e-mail … that he has worked on a number of prewrites. ‘It's necessary,’ he said. He listed a few notable examples of this Administration’s sudden personnel moves. ‘Reince fired via tweet, Tillerson fired via tweet, McMaster, Bannon — everyone saw those coming.’ … ‘It’s sort of like the old long-standing practice of having prewritten obits,’ David Lauter, the Washington bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times, told me recently by phone … ‘We don’t do every single one,’ he added. ‘As with obits, you make a judgment of ‘How significant is this person?’ But we’ve done at least a dozen resignation prewrites so far.’

“The event that precipitated this new practice was Reince Priebus’s dismissal as Trump’s chief of staff, last July. … It took the L.A. Times twenty-six minutes after Trump’s tweet to get a quick squib of a story up about the news on their Web site. In contrast, last month, when Trump tweeted that he’d accepted Scott Pruitt’s resignation as the head of the E.P.A., the paper had a full article, more than a thousand words long, published three minutes later. … These prewrites are becoming part of newsroom lore. A reporter at a major online publication … shared a story about working on them. ‘At one point,’ she told me in an e-mail, ‘one person on our policy desk was tasked with updating a prewrite … The last line of this prewrite — and it stayed this way for weeks — was: ‘but he could not withstand TK whatever he could not withstand,’ the reporter said.”

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

H.R. Haldeman helped convince people they needed a pesticide to kill harmless garden snails. Solutions in search of a problem.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't support President Trump? That's funny. I like that you slipped a joke into that post along with some wonderful, heartfelt stuff about your children.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You just know they have some preprinted on Trump resigned and/or being impeached.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.