1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And on the spot corrections. They get away with saying these things and then they are out there for the deplorables to believe. How often do we say, that is not true, why didn't that reporter say what the truth is, right then and there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jesus H. Christ

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

An interesting aside on that Wilkes-Barre rally. Or, really the reason why he came.

Trump was stumping for Rep. Lou Barletta, who's running for Senate. Lou Barletta was the mayor of Hazleton, and was one of those who enlisted Kris Kobach to help rid his city of its immigrant influx. After Kobach lost in court, Hazleton was ordered to pay $1.4M in attorney fees and was forced to enter into a recovery plan with the state.

Kris Kobach’s Lucrative Trail of Courtroom Defeats — ProPublica

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I try never to rise to the bait on Facebook, but a friend of mine who is a hardcore Trump supporter posted an obviously false story from some fringe site about a soda company taking the words “under God” off of their depiction of some monument. He then had a bunch of friends say they were going to boycott the product. 15 seconds on Snopes is all I needed to prove that the story was BS and I pointed it out.

His response was that he was that he expected false stores to be CNN and not jesustrump.com or whatever site he linked to. That led to about a dozen comments about how CNN sucks from his friends.

There is no convincing these people.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

FTFY

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As usual media misses the real story of trump giving the black power salute to all his brothers and sisters fighting the man.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In a world where the greatest threat to American national security is its own president....

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What does this clear disconnect say about our government, this administration...our national security?

Anyone else amazed that a foreign power hasn't taken more advantage of our governmental chaos?

garrow likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

How do we know they haven't?

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed you didn't get, "Snopes is proven to be a lying liberal website."

Funny how the site everyone trusted for years to confirm that Facebook isn't going to start charging $20 per month suddenly became untrustworthy when it started pointing out that every other word out of Trump's mouth was bullshit. Really weird how that happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.