1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump's Nixon-Style Enemies List - The Atlantic

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear: I also colluded with a foreign nation to win an election. I too said many bigoted things. I abused power. My allies broke into Dem HQ. But Dick Nixon never spoke about Tricia and Julie the way the current occupant of the White House has spoken about his daughter."

[​IMG]

2. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You should find a whiteboard and diagram your logic here...

Then you should do it for the rest of your arguments.

1. The left blasted Brennan for his actions during the Bush years.
    2. The left did not strip him of his security clearance.

1. Trump blasted Brennan for his actions during the Russia investigation.
    2. Trump stripped him of his security clearance.

Therefore, the left is hypocritical??

3. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Yes. The issue is not whether or not Brennan (or any of these people) is perfect. The issue is that this is another example of Trump’s horrible leadership and Banana Republic style.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Guys, slow down. I'm still trying to figure out whether we use oxygen to breathe or not.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pfft. Rules are for cucks.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There is idiocy in seeking logical patterns in what Trump says or does.
    He didn't like what Brennan said about him so he spat in his eye.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You mainly breathe nitrogen, but it's pretty useless unless you are a plant.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Never mind the fact that 11 former CIA chiefs have come out against the revocation.

Patchen likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Seems legit.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, that's important, as they are not personally invested, and can objectively comment.

And, seriously, has anyone asked any of these dudes the last time they were "consulted" after leaving office?

Admiral Mike Mullen said on Fox News Sunday today that it's not used often. Is it used ever?

MULLEN: It's -- for a long time, Chris, former officials have kept their security clearances to be able to advise on critical issues over time. These are individuals typically that have a lot of both wisdom and experience and our entities inside the government. There are contractors who support the government that ask for advice in certain areas.

I don't find it -- certainly, I have my clearance. It's not used that often and the dependence on sort of a deep understanding of what's actually going on is not called for that often. So, it's been going on for a long time. And I think for the most part, it's been very useful and I have found no one that's abused that.

Adm. Mike Mullen on ex-intel officials keeping clearances; Mulvaney on potential storm clouds ahead for Trump economy

Mullen also criticized Brennan:

ADMIRAL MIKE MULLEN (RET), FORMER JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF CHAIRMAN: Well, I think for John and he -- and John is an extraordinary servant of the country, but I think he has been incredibly critical of the president and I think that has put him in a political place which actually does more damage for the intelligence community, which is apolitical, even as he's retired. So, I really don't support him being as critical of the president as he has been

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.