1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

WhatAboutBurger? That's great!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that definitely is not being explained well. I think the understandable assumption is that Brennan has a very high level of clearance -- maybe even the highest given his past positions -- that he's been sort of grandfathered into through some professional courtesy. And now that he's a civilian the reasons for him to keep it are somewhere between murky and questionable. And, regardless of the political reasons behind it, it appears he's throwing a fit over having his toy taken away.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rather, trump perceived someone is critical of him so he uses the government to punish that person.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I get that it's political retribution, but I'd also bet that that kind of thing has happened plenty over the years. Any time a new administration comes in and cleans out the old staffers to replace with their own, couldn't that could be viewed as the same thing? They're firing people who disagree with them politically, albeit under milder circumstances.
    I'm just not getting how Brennan's free speech rights are being trampled on by cutting off his access to classified information. Or maybe it's just not being explained very well what exactly having a security clearance entails and why Brennan apparently needs it as much as he needs air. He's still free to go out there and criticize, talk about, etc., Trump and the administration. There's no shortage of news outlets that would love to sit down with him.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reason these folks keep their classifications upon retirement is to preserve institutional knowledge. They can be consulted by their successors should the need arise, which when it does is usually advice on the typical bureaucratic wrangling or "tell me, what did you think foriegn leader or general or admiral was really like?" They don't get sent copies of top secret material every day instead of a daily paper.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

leave donald alone

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

At last!

The morning report from the royal defecatorium!

Jssst21 likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

y they do this to me

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

He really must be concerned.

Mueller must rent space with how much he’s in Trump’s head. /oop

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have not hear any accusations that he is giving out classified info to the public. That would be a problem for him if he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.