1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Trump.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is that the female version of Clay Travis-ing?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Awesome Dads Club store.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I wore one of those much of my high school days. Had the bleached and torn look to make it truly authentic.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Awfully close to *termites,* which seems appropriate because both bring the top-shelf rot.

typefitter likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

How high up the defense food chain must one be, before one must refrain from criticizing the President else risk putting one's clearance in jeopardy?

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Please continue.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Patchen likes this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's exactly right. I've been pondering the term and have settled on raciteering. (Pronounced race-uh-teer-ing.) Racist or racism plus profiteering or racketeering.

Raciteering is the verb. The noun is raciteer. "Clay Travis is a lowlife raciteer."

When this catches on, remember you heard it here first.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Question for the board...the adults who have been toiling within the intel departments for years have now, suddenly, started raising dire warnings. Assuming they are correct, what do you think could be on its way?

China invade Taiwan?
    Russia bring down the electric grid?
    Russia roll into the former Soviet Bloc (hi, BTE!)
    Pakastan nuke India?
    Iran nuke SA?
    NK nuke the US?
    Something from within?

What exactly are the real-world dangers that these people are cryptically, albeit loudly, warning us about?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I wonder whether it's a movement among true countrymen and women to try to push the "patriots" who voted for Trump to vote for someone else, as though they're playing some larger "if you really love this country" angle. If Trump appears a traitor, you might sway just enough of his supporters to stay home, at least, and ensure a landslide rejection in November. Then he's effectively handcuffed for the remainder of his term, presuming he isn't forced from office before then. (I don't think he will be.) I think they, too, realize that the only way to rescue the Republic is at the ballot box. Because Congress isn't fixing the problem. They know he's a danger, they need him out, and the midterms might be closest, quickest way—and also the way that's the least subject to conspiratorial thinking. He gets removed some other way, and the YFs of the world will never accept that it happened for anything other than sinister reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.