1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Another scare headline. No ''hack" was attempted.

As is the case with 87 percent of these stories, all the information is couched by something that "could" have happened (but did not happen).

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Christ, that’s an embarrassing story for The New Yorker. And what the hell are these noted sports journalists doing deriving anything from his sports writing at Yale? He seemed to take the coach’s word for it in his stories? Well knock me over with a feather.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of the high schools here was founded in 1963. The school board chose "Rebels" as the mascot, Dixie as the fight song and the battle flag was painted onto the basketball court. Kids would chant "The South will rise again" during games.

A few years ago, the school board voted to change it. People are still pissed they did that. It's cost every board member who voted to do it their seat - except for the African-American member who represents a heavily minority district.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

totally allowed!

they let you do it!

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

For many years there was a fight to change the majority black Nathan B. Forrest High School’s name (the Rebels, natch) on Jacksonville’s Westside. Eventually sanity won in 2014 — but after I left the area. Meet the Westside High School Wolverines.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm happy to help tear down every random Lost Cause Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis statue erected across SEC Country during the segregation era.

But I agree: I hold the memorial to the average soldier in slightly less disdain. Average Country Joe didn't take the country to war; it was the slave-owning aristocracy.

Still: Memorials like this, at best, need a great big, "Here's a memorial to another generation of poor folks who went to war for the rich people's morally repugnant cause. Sorry they were asked to sacrifice for such a horrible, horrible purpose," sign.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Historian throatpunches Charlie Kirk.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kruse has been thumping people pretty regularly on Twitter. His drags of Dinish D'Souza are epic.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Okay ... I got pissed at "only 13 unarmed Black people have been killed by cops in 2018". Really??? ONLY???

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Still plenty of time left. GO BLUE!!

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goody proctor condemns thee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.