1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Kind of like how when the feds intercept cocaine shipments from South America, press releases and news reports refer to how the shipment could have been worth X amount of money on the street. It wasn’t, because the good guys stopped the bad guys. That’s what happened in this case, too.

The Russian government fears us. The Russian government hates us. The Russian government approaches us with a gloves-off, no-rules-no-referee attitude. We should approach the Russian government the same way.

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I assume its feeder schools are still Jeb Stuart and Jeff Davis middle schools.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Too early to be making declarations. It may indeed be 17 guilty and "How does it work if we can't agree?" on the eighteenth. The jury is asking because they don't know procedure, not as some arcane signal to the tea leaf readers.

I can't see Manafort being found innocent of all charges.

Joe Juryman is not going to have a lot of sympathy for someone who ducked his taxes on $30M.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It’s not a journalist’s job to gather information before tweeting for maximum effect.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You think they've agreed he's innocent of 17 and not sure about the 18th?

What's weird is that they're bundled charges: four or five counts on each of four charges. For one to be an outlier seems strange to me. And like you say, does it matter if he's guilty of the other 17? Maybe you're right. They think he's innocent of all but one. But that seems impossible to me, too. Like, Rick Gates admitted his guilt. For a jury to decide they didn't actually commit crimes... I don't know.

6. Neutral Corner

It wasn't "hacking" in the sense of a guy at a keyboard actively attempting to crack into a site. OTOH, these phony web sites were prepared in advance to spoof viewers and strip their passwords. All that was required to activate them was a command given to activate thousands Facebook and Twitter bots delivering copy that sucked in the viewer and directed them to those sites.

7. Neutral Corner

"In a sign that the jury at the federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, may be coming closer to a verdict, jurors asked Judge T.S. Ellis how to fill out a verdict form for a single count if they cannot agree on that count."

Judge told them to keep trying.

Jury in Manafort case appears closer to verdict, quizzes judge

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

OK - maybe I was wrong.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

We don't admit to such things around here, please and thank you. It's in the membership guide.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I meant the other coffee guy - the one with his tongue so far up Trump's a-hole that he can tickle Trump's tonsils.

I hope rates go to 10%. So do any people who do or used to save money.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That one's great, but my favorite is still the one where the two fans are sitting in the empty Cleveland stadium the year after the Browns moved to Baltimore.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The judge is a Trumpist who so angrily chided the prosecution that he ultimately apologized to the jury for it.
    Trump has been weighing in on the trial, emboldened by the rhetorical Sword of Damocles he hangs over the jurors’ throats. At this point, they fear he’ll use his office to punish them for conviction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.