1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I hope the media has good security.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mueller has an embarrassment of riches. The FBI investigation, other U.S. intel agencies, international IC sources. He's got the documentary evidence from Cohen and Manaford. That Trump handled his legal associates in the same masterful way he does his other personnel matters helps immeasurably. Trump has all but filed his own case for obstruction of justice, complete with written and video confessions.

Trump and a number of people around him are in deep doody. There may be FEC blowback into the RNC and NRA as well.

Mueller has email intercepts, recordings, lots of evidence from all over the International IC. If it really hits the fan it won't be pretty.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Remember, a Democratic president with a full year left in his term cannot get a up/down vote on a Supreme Court justice, but a Republican president recently implicated in a federal crime by his closest associate (who has just pled guilty) ... well that's fine. Because Joe Biden never randomly opined about such things on the Senate floor.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is one campaign rally that *needs* to be broadcast live.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I would not wish to be covering that rally tonight.
    I'm thinking that scene from AI where the rednecks are torturing the mechas, while drinking cheap beer and listening to industrial music.
    With a carny barker as emcee.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Breaking news on Fox. Hillary sent an email to Benghazi

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nothingburger

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is so much news of the day, how do you do that?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That an illegal immigrant is suspected of killing Mollie Tibbetts will be all he needs to be off and running.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The man who killed his wife and kids needs to be deported. Probably Scotch Irish German mix

lakefront likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know one thing - more than a few lawyers are going to be cashing decent retainer checks this week.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The bad weather in DC is legit - whether it requires Marine One I don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.