1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm exhausted by today's news and I broke none of it, am glad for it, and am not American.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Manafort seemed to have a pretty competent defense team. I wonder who paid for it? Anyone heard anything?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2018-8-21_22-37-19.gif

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I can't stop thinking about what the Republicans in Congress would have done if Obama or Hillary got tagged with half of what Trump got rung with today alone.

5. Neutral Corner

If you're an American, it was kind of a hopeful day. You know that they may weasel out or get pardoned, but make no mistake, today was a blow struck for decent American citizens.

6. Slacker

You misunderstood. What I said was, he ran off like a scared cat when the hard news came down.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Keith Richards has more class.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s unimagiable how fast impeachment articles would be filed in the House. A special session would already be called for Friday.

9. Neutral Corner

Add that these are real crimes, real guilty pleas and verdicts, in big boy federal court. This isn't twenty Congressmen playing to the camera in endless hearings that produce no actual indictable crime. It's members of Trump's inner circle going to jail, and everyone concerned knows that they won't be the last.

10. Neutral Corner

Richards has panache, and handles dissipation far better than Trump. Trump exemplifies every cliche about vulgar new rich, walking.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Slacker

Seven TV hearings. Maybe eight. Trey Gowdy can lead 'em all, ha ha ha.

"BENGHAZI, goddammit! TAN SUIT!"

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The people at these rallies aren't enough to keep him in office. The electoral math is very straightforward on this.
    If he had any intelligent individuals around him they'd tap pumpkinhead on the shoulder and tell him as much.
    The rallies are literally a waste of time and money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.