1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fake News colluded with Hillary and the 17 Angry Democrats to create Fake Crimes.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I watched Hannity as much as I could stomach. He was deep into the "Pfft, bank fraud, who cares?" with a dollop of he-was-only-convicted-on-eight-counts.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That reads like a man laying the groundwork for a pardon.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It would be some kind of wonderful if Manafort and Cohen went to prison and Trump pardoned them — and then once Orange Julius is out of office, there are more charges to be brought and they go back to the pokey. For being criminals — and dickheads, to boot.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GOP playbook for mid-terms: Mollie Tibbetts! Mollie Tibbetts! Mollie Tibbetts!

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Democrat response ought to be Lockup the owners of the company that illegally employed him for 4 years.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump thinks the golfer with the highest score wins.

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No matter how many times he’s told he still doesn’t understand that he is the ultimate boss of the Department of Justice. Just tell Sessionsto order the case dismissed with prejudice.

9. Please correct me if am wrong ... Manafort's defense was .... .... .... nothing. The defense rested after the prosecution put on its case. No testimony form anyone. Because they were THAT certain Mueller's case was lousy? Is that the real reason, or they figured Manafort should not testify?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is a good story about Manafort, who has lived his life abiding a strangely blind confidence. It worked for him for 69 years, more or less, so you can understand why he had such faith in his abilities to walk through fire and not get burned. Finally, because Trump became the president of the United States, the fire became, even by Manafort's measures, atypically, extraordinarily hot.

Paul Manafort, American Hustler

I am more and more of the belief that Mueller is going bury all of these fucking guys.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2020 campaign ad voiceover:

President Donald Trump has called his campaign chairman, a convicted felon, 'brave." He then pardoned this tool of oligarchs. With Trump spending so much time pardoning many of his former associates, when will he ever find to time to fight for you?

If you truly want to drain the swamp, vote Democratic. For a change.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Someone needs to explain to me how the Manafort verdict spells any sort of doom for Trump. Trump has made it clear that he is going to pardon the guy. Only question is if he does it after the midterms or after the 2020 election. I'm sure Manafort will be richly compensated for his troubles once Trump leaves office. Has there ever been a reason why Manafort would flip to "save himself?" If he ever gets to jail, he'll be there until Nov. 2020 at the latest, and after that he'll have a nice fat consulting fee from Trump Org that will leave him better off financially than he was before.

Is it possible that Manafort gets rung up on state charges the way Cohen did? If not, it should be clear to everybody by now that the only things that have ever kept the President from doing whatever the fuck he wants are congress, the judiciary, and the norms to which he acquiesces. He will pardon Manafort, and he will pay zero consequences, and the only thing that will matter is the only thing that has mattered since 2016: whether or not Dems can run a functional campaign and turn out the votes required to get the GOP out of Congress and then Trump out of the White House.

EDIT: The only answer I can come up with is, like typefitter mentioned, a belief that Mueller knows what he is doing and is operating in a way that will prevent Trump from winning out over justice. Would be great if he gets a whiff of any pardon prid-quo-pro talk involving Trump/Manafort intermediaries. Cohen??

Stoney likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.