1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not at all close to home. You're the one who apparently knows assholes who have that problem. I personally don't know a soul who votes against a candidate based on race. I DO know many who voted for Obama solely because of his race.

2. SpeedTchr

Ed Markey. That's a HUGE fuckin' surprise.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

At this point: Don't you think we need to wait until after the elections, so we can let the American people have a say in who the next Supreme Justice is?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So you don't think any of the shit Obama took had anything to do with race? Calling Michelle a gorilla had nothing to do with race? Birtherism had nothing to do with race? Complaining about him taking a side in the Trayvon Martin thing had nothing to do with race?

heyabbott likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

What do you have against circle jerks? Everyone coming together and giving their neighbor a helping hand. Sounds downright Canadian.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the 2020 primary will surprise people. There will be more voters participating in the primary for one. The Bernie voters will have a few candidates that will divvy up their votes and there will be more candidates vying for Hillary voters. And I also think more people that didn't get into the '16 primary at all. They never warmed to Hillary and didn't connect with Bernie.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but this is such an utterly terrible take. Joe Fucking Manchin would get about 40 percent of the vote, maybe, in a general as all the progressives who are the ones actually doing the hard work of registering voters and getting people to the polls and giving money to candidates would sit out in protest. As they should, as Manchin would appeal to no one other that non-religious white people. The idea that Manchin would in any way rally the modern Democratic party together is just absurd.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And Bill and Hillary need to get the fuck out of the country for the next 2 years and 4 months, at a minimum. No appearances at rallies, no book signings, no endorsements not even a selfie at Lourdes.
    Without regard to whether the criticism of them is fair, unjust, warranted or unearned, they are the Neutron Bombs of politics. They kill all people they make contact with and within a blast radius of 25 miles.

10. heyabbott

Democrats dont need a way to rally, they need a way to win. I wouldn’t necessarily support him, but I voted for Hillary because I knew trump was an AIDS virus wrapped in a cancerous brain tumor

11. heyabbott

12. SpeedTchr

I never said that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.