1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This reminds me a lot of Marie Tillman and how she was really upset about everyone turning Pat into a piece in political arguments after his death in Afghanistan.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You can't win unless you can rally a winnable coalition. The narrative that Trump turned all these white people from Bill Clinton Dems to Trump Republicans is just not true. Trump got fewer votes than Romney. You need to get people excited to vote for your candidate again. No one, and I mean no one, is going to get excited about campaigning for Joe Manchin. It's a ridiculous proposal.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agreed about the Clintons. Though I have no doubt several candidates will seek their donor network.

Dems will go for someone "new" who hasn't yet broken their hearts. Going to be interesting to see who really "pops" stumping for candidates the next few months.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nonsense.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A white guy who isn’t a colossal embarrassment. But first and foremost, a white guy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If Trump does pardon Manafort, it's just another instance of acting without mulling the circumstances. He'll see it as taking care of someone loyal to him, much like Arpaio, but this could be the act that triggers impeachment.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Democrats can’t see that trashing trump is the unifying rally point then we are all fucked to eternal damnation. But maybe you are right. There’s a strong wing of the democrats that won’t do anything unless they get paid AND are seen getting paid. The white guilt do-gooders and the young African American left wing ‘activists’ need to be stroked and paid and it needs to be in front of cameras. And nothing will turn off voters needed in the Midwest more. Obama won because he perceived to be a different kind of black politician. On the surface he could be seen as less liberal than the Clintons. He was painted, falsely, as an affirmative action negro mooslim from Kenya but he was as middle of the road as any democrat Kennedy.
    If there’s group who can fuck this up twice ina row it’s the DNC

8. HanSenSE

He can share a suite with Merrick Garland.

9. HanSenSE

Agreed. The first of many mistakes made by the Democrats in '16 was going all-in with Clinton from the git-go. Get a few contenders out there and let them slug it out. And while Harris will make a good candidate sometimes, I' d like her to have a few more at-bats in the Senate.

10. HanSenSE

Almost called for a two-pronged approach. Trash Trump and present a plan to undo what he's done. That's one of the things that impressed me about Bill Clinton, he had his political ducks in a row. Other things, not so much.

Hermes likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

uh oh

I'm sure she just means "until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

garrow likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It's driven me nuts that this hasn't already been done. It's almost fall.

The message should be: Yes, this guy is a disaster, but here's also what we learned from being ousted. Here's what we did right under Obama that Trump has undone in an infantile, vindictive display unbecoming of America's leader, but also here's where and how we'll do better if you put us back in charge.

I haven't heard any of these things.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.