1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’m not saying Manchin will rally the Democratic party.
    That ship has long sailed. The Democratic party is more fractured than the GOPs and I don’t think thats changing anytime soon.
    But I am saying Macnhin would be an great,moderate, general appeal candidate in a general election. He would win, but he will never get out of the Primary.

Talk about a terrible take:
    “Manchin would appeal to no one other that non-religious white people”
    How do you see this? Are we talking about the same person?

He was governor of WV and is incumbent US Senator who is currently leading his Rep. Rival by several points in all polls.
    West by God ain’t exactly overrun with aethists.

2. Serious question: When has Manchin taken care of anyone loyal to him (who’s last name isnt Trump)?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Joe Manchin is a very smart pol in tune with his state. He is also smart enough to know that being in tune with West Virginia puts him out of tune with the national Democratic electorate. The idea that there's some critical mass of voters who are hungering for a "moderate" who can "bring us together" is a fantasy.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Gee is right. Democrats have no interest in bringing people together. They want their own Hitler in the White House.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This babylon bee shit is stupid.

OscarMadison and amraeder like this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Again - it cannot be overstated - "the base" constitutes about 23 percent of the electorate.
    Let the Republicans fear their own constituents but the opposition need not cater to their pathetic needs.

Fred siegle and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Who is saying this? Not me. Show me where I said this?

Manchin is also a fellow who reaches across the aisle and works well with others.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You folks will like this one.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The hatred for Obama stems not so much that he is black but that he is black and competent which destroyed the world view of so many of white folks who expected him to fail.

See:

He is not an American
    He is not really black
    He was elected president of the Harvard Law review because of affirmative action.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

amazing work by Steve, who is probably the most talented person I ever worked with (he was in New Jersey earlier in his career)

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's all the same! No horrible thing President Trump, his people or any other Republican ever does matters because it's all the same!

Don't you ever get tired of the stench when you shove that shit?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was a general comment, Evil, not aimed at you. Look the Republicans have their own Manchin right here in Mass., Gov. Charlie Baker. He's gonna get damn near 70 percent of the vote in maybe the most Democratic state in the country in November because he has interpreted his job as to implement the overall liberal policies of the state in the most efficent and cost-effective way possible (kind of what Trump promised and didn't deliver). He would get maybe one percent of the vote in any Republican presidential primary. He'd probably lose here. It is a bipartisan phenomenon. Moderates and compromisers are out of favor in each party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.