1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What does abortion have to do with this? It’s a bullshit issue for 90% of conservatives. THey don’t care about babies, dead or alive. These are the same people that would perform forced sterilization on special needs people and blacks. Abortion, like moral character, is just a way to tar their opponents. It used to be that character mattered until a soulless,rapist like trump was president. Free trade was a conservative value,until it wasn’t. Welfare was for lazy blacks, until farmers and oil companies needed it.
    Abortion is another way that a minority of people can tell others what they can and cannot do

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Everything has something to do with abortion, or illegal immigration, or Obama or Hillary or some combination of those four things.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This has been a hair-raising week in Trumpworld. What next?

[​IMG]

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Hillary bombed an abortion clinic, conservatives would be pro-abortion.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I have no idea what that means.

Oh I know it’s not. Mueller has millions more to make on an investigation that will go nowhere.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Logically speaking, this makes zero sense. Roughly half the U.S. population believes the right to choose abortion is compassionate. All of the babies who grew up to comprise that half weren't dismembered, had their hearts stopped or become part of a heavy period.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Right's big argument with Mollie Tibbets' alleged killer is that the wall would have prevented him from killing her.

Of course, if the guy's mother had aborted him, that also would have prevented him from killing her. I guess The Right is now going to become pro-choice, right?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Honest. I was just attempting to engage with Q on his own terms. I realize it's futile, but since I respect Q, I wanted to try.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You complained about how your tax dollars are spent. I complained about how mine have been spent. Neither of us are getting a refund. It's not a tough concept.

A lot of indictments and guilty pleas for an investigation that's going nowhere. But you know that. And this tally is more than a month old. But sure. Nothingburger.

• There are 187 criminal charges in active indictments or to which individuals have pleaded guilty
    • Another 23 counts against President Trump’s former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates were vacated when he agreed to cooperate with Mueller
    • Thirty-two people and three businesses have been named in plea agreements or indictments
    • Six guilty pleas from five defendants, including Gates, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, businessman Richard Pinedo and lawyer Alex van der Zwaan
    • Former campaign chairman Paul Manafort faces 25 criminal counts
    • Van der Zwaan served about four weeks in prison and has been deported to the Netherlands, his home country
    • The indictments include charges of conspiracy against the United States; conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct justice; conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud; bank fraud; obstruction of justice; aggravated identity theft; failure to report foreign bank accounts; and tax fraud
    • 52 counts of conspiracy of some kind
    • 113 criminal counts of aggravated identity theft or identity fraud
    • Four guilty pleas for making false statements
    • 25 Russian nationals have been charged with crimes along with three Russian business entities. Those individuals were charged in two indictments, one focused on Russia’s alleged effort to foster divisiveness on social media (indicted in February) and one focused on alleged hacking (indicted Friday)
    • 13 individuals believed to be linked to Russian intelligence agencies have been charged, including Manafort’s longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a resident of Ukraine
    • Four individuals working directly for or acting as advisers to Trump’s 2016 campaign have been indicted; three have pleaded guilty
    The probe has been active for 422 days.

Analysis | A summary of the fruit of the Mueller investigation, to date

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Just seven years ago, a federal grand jury indicted former senator and presidential candidate John Edwards on six counts of breaking campaign finance laws for the exact same scenario as this sitting president: paying hush money to cover up an extramarital affair. Edwards escaped conviction after a jury was deadlocked on most of the charges, and the justice department did not seek a retrial. Edwards disappeared from public view, and his political career came to a definitive end.

It’s hard to imagine Trump making the same choice. He can no more disappear from public view than you can forget your first projectile vomiting.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.