1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Do you think that Tucker Carlson actually believe the racist nonsense he's spewing? I fully think that Hannity is behind everything that he says, but when I watch clips of Tucker, I just get the sense that he's pushing something down for the money and the ratings. He's way too smart of a guy to believe a lot of what comes out of his mouth.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The larger point is that agribusiness intentionally hires illegal aliens who they know to be illegal aliens. One of the illegal aliens they hired murdered a white woman in Iowa. The "librul" New York Times and Washington Post publish articles that make it seem that they accidently hire illegal aliens which is a flat out lie.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

His reason for saying it might be bat-shit crazy but he's not wrong. The market might drop significantly if the president is removed because it would call into question the stability of the country.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Buy opportunity.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That just makes it worse.

Hermes and Webster like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mafia Don.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The stock market went up 20 percent during Clinton’s impeachment.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just gonna gander a guess, but I doubt Trump actually knows what impeachment it. He probably thinks it means he's automatically removed from office.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've worked with companies in this space -- there is a huge business of citizens signing up for a job with proper credentials and having undocumented workers replace them. I'm not saying that a lot of employers don't go along with this, especially in shitty jobs with lots of turnover, but a lot of companies spend crazy amounts of money trying to combat this and still fail.

And not to buy into the premise, but if that was the situation here, that illegal alien worked a shitty job here for years for a better opportunity. It doesn't make him a saint, but he's also not signing up for welfare.

10. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You'll have to show your work on that one. My belief is that the left, in general, spends too much of its energy wailing about what an awful guy Trump is, rather than focusing that energy on solutions that will actually defeat him. It already tried the "He's a racist/misogynist/bigot/etc" strategy. It didn't work. It's my belief that it won't work any better simply by changing it to the "See, we were right, he's a racist/misogynist/bigot/etc" strategy. A dead giveaway should be the fact that Trump clearly WANTS the left to focus on race/misogyny/bigotry, because it ends up drowning out the issues where they really can connect with swing voters. There are a lot of areas where the left can gain the upper hand purely on policy. People want pre-existing conditions covered. They think health insurance is too expensive. They'd rather have the potholes filled in than a new space force. They think the cost of college is a crime. The Democrats need to become a party of solutions. The GOP can't be a party of solutions, because their solution to everything is low taxes, a free market, and limited government. There's a void in this country right now that a purposeful, solutions-based campaign can fill. This is about winning an election and, from there, fixing the things that are fixable about this country. But a lot of folks on the left would rather throw a pity party and feel good about themselves for owning the moral high ground.

Slacker, HanSenSE and Cosmo like this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Is it weird that he's constantly admitting that he gives people powerful, high-paying jobs because they said nice things about him? Like, I know politicians gives jobs as favours all the time, but usually the recipient has some qualification beyond "Toady."

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.