1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I believe the proper term for that is raciteering.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I fear he's not alone there, even though we're 20 years removed from Clinton's trial in the Senate. Memories are that short among some people. It's only taught in fifth-grade civics, folks.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just some white girl. Really nothing more than a collection of cells.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. typefitter

Do you think her murder was the lead story that day?

EDIT: Why do you think Fox had it has its lead that day?

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You are missing the point entirely. A campaign is different from a platform. A campaign is the rhetoric/activity in which a party engages in order to call attention to its platform. Trump has a shitty platform. But he is a great campaigner, because he hits you over the head with the issues that he wants you to pay attention to. Right now, the Democratic party is defining itself as the party of anti-Trump, anti-racism, anti-misogyny, pro-Immigrant. Because that's what the left hits the public over the head with. All of that is noble stuff that I'm proud to stand for. But it is not stuff that resonates with voters who are to the right of the far left. Sorry, it's a shitty world, but that's the way it is. It's frustrating that, two years after 2016, the vocal Left still can't grasp that, as evidenced by this current back-and-forth.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

https://ocasio2018.com/issues

8. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

No cell phone providers where you live?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The great thing about impeachment but him staying in office would be he could become the figurehead president he could excel at.

12. typefitter

I don't know where else to put this story, so I'll put it here.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot. I came out. Parked in front of my Toyota was a white Chevy Suburban. He had parked so that his ass-end faced me when I got into my truck. He was, like, 70, and standing there with his arms folded looking at me with a smug look on his face. He points to his rear window. On it, he has stickers reading out: "Foreign Car? Support a Foreign Economy. Get a Foreign Job. SHAME ON YOU!"

Now, this was weird for me for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because some old guy was picking a fight in a parking lot over my choice of vehicle brand.

Of course, I can't resist a good scrap.

So I get out and I say, "You think Chevy is Canadian?"

We go back and forth for a bit—I point out that my truck was built in Cambridge, Ontario, and the world isn't what it was, and the lines between foreign and domestic were well blurred long ago, and I'd rather send profits to Japan than America anyway, because Trump...

And then this other guy steams in from across the parking lot. He was driving a Hyundai. And this guy went nuts. He literally shouted—again, in a Home Depot parking lot at 2:30 in the afternoon—"I'LL BUY WHATEVER FUCKING CAR I WANT YA TITFUCKER."

The old man loses it. They shoulder up. I seriously think they're gonna fight.

I decide it's time to take my leave. I have to pick up my kid from camp, and I had my nice floor registers that I'd very carefully chosen to match subtle hints of colour in my home. I left and they were still nose-to-nose. No idea how the story ends.

I can't stop thinking about it. When did "titfucker" become an insult?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.