1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wonder about that. I think Jon Stewart was right when he went on “Crossfire” in 2004 and shredded both the show and Tucker Carlson, burying the show (and really, that should have been the end of not just the show but also that smarmy idiot’s career). Carlson only cares about short-term ideological victories; it’s never occurred to him that those victories may be bad for practical reality over the long term.

He’s slime, though.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Chief of Staff to George Tenet through the worst of the black site/waterboarding years. Head of T-TIC. DCI for all of Obama's last term.

There is a lot that goes on in the world of intelligence/counter-intelligence that I find somewhere between distasteful and immoral, but that's the water that they swim in. I can't say that I was a big fan of Brennan's. OTOH, he had the guts to stand up and speak out with regard to Trump, and to continue to do so when the administration started to pressure him.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

One of the most entertaining parts of this disaster is watching this:

Law enforcement is not to be questioned and, in many cases, should be worshipped - unless it's the FBI or DOJ, which both became famously filled with libs over the past year.
    Those brave people who keep our country safe are not to be questioned and, in many cases should be worshipped - until they criticize or question Trump.

It's such amateur-hour nonsense it's unbelievable to all except the cult.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don't forget spying on Congressional staffers!

Terrible thing, terrible thing, terrible thing, BUT ... #TDS

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just like everything else in modern American politics, that hypocrisy can be flipped. Those awful intelligence officials absolutely cannot be trusted ... until we agree with them.

6. Neutral Corner

It would not have mattered who was manning the desk at the various Intel offices when all the various reports about Trump/Russia started coming in - if they gave any credence to the sightings, intercepts, and recordings that the Five I's were sending us in alarm, they would have been these horrible Democrats who were set on undermining Trump.

Mueller is going to crush Trump before this is over.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Someone got to him or her by either carrot or stick.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That simply isn't true. There isn't enough evidence yet. Please be more accurate.

The key word is yet. It isn't over. But you'd rather pay for President Trump's golf outings than an investigation into an assault on the integrity and sovereignty of the United States, which really says more about you than anything else.

BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Do you really think they would be leading their coverage if she was an overweight black girl from Brooklyn, New York instead of a pretty white girl from Brooklyn, Iowa?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I assume that juror will no longer be allowed to eat in peace.

11. Neutral Corner

Might be a "Got to them", might be as simple as that a dedicated Trumpist was on the jury.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Day ain’t over yet.
    Don’t stop believin’ in your boy, though.
    The only solace you can find is a claim that directing a lawyer to violate federal law to cover up an affair isn’t collusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.