1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn, Corker just admitted Trump's base are a bunch of white supremacists. (Probably accidentally.)

Patchen likes this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Might be someone who honestly felt the evidence wasn't sufficient.*

*LOL. Just kidding. No way someone LIKE THAT wasn't on the take or a "Trumpist."

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Leave Vlad the Trumpist alone. He did his civic duty.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The most important story of the day?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain Ty didn't get the memo.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My issue with her tweet has nothing to do with the relative news value (although an arrest in a disappearance case that has been national news for a while isn't chopped liver). Rather, her callousness as it regards the "white girl." Sally Kohn knows her name but purposely left it out for political points. I don't think it's right for either side to politicize this*, but Kohn went out of her way to devalue Mollie Tibbetts with the "white girl" comment.

*So no more posts from me about this particular "news" argument.

Cosmo and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Was just reading a column about Brennan, and it mentioned that the security clearance brouhaha turned him from an embarrassment into a martyr. That's a good way to put it. It's also a reminder that Trump's efforts to delegitimize his harshest detractors only lionizes them in the eyes of the Neutral_Corners of the world -- despite the reality of who they really are. He'd be better off just letting guys like Brennan keep yapping and subtly remind people how bad this guy was at multiple jobs in multiple administrations. Of course, subtlety is not the president's strong suit, and some people are bound and determined to ignore reality.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I respect conservatives and their core beliefs, I may not agree with them, but have always respected their views, their entitled to them, just as I am to mine, but what is really befuddling nowadays is how people give substance to blatant liars, one example that was a topic of discussion at the water cooler today is Ted Nugent, purported "American" and gun rights advocate; he admitted in the 70's that he deliberately dodged the draft by sh*ting himself:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

He admitted to both Creem (I read the story with my HS buddies) and High Times.

Apparently, he tried to explain himself in recent times that he was "only" giving a story. Well that's the perfect lawyer response now, "are you lying now or were you lying then?" Why believe someone who is an admitted liar?

Sure its not only conservatives, but damn, they seem to my naked eyes to have vastly more.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

There was a memo!?!? I love memos!!!

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Which index was that?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Then why was is it guilty on 8 Counts? When you buy a jury you buy either a particular verdict or a mistrial, not a partial verdict

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.