1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Orange on orange?

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

God bless the valiant survivors as they hold on in the trenches of the Daily News.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Through it all, Kellyanne proves to be the comic relief in this administration.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I give the Trump Administration credit - I figured they would have issued the talking points "Because We Said So!" - "So's your Mother" and "I know You are but What am I?" by now.

Also - nice to see some of his former colleagues starting to pack Sessions' bags.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they were even able to pick up on that.

That segment was unwatchable and headache-inducing with two people constantly talking over one another with neither listening or giving an inch before interrupting.

(And frankly, isn't the whole point of campaigning and advertising and endorsing and mud-slinging and left-wing MSM and right-wing talk radio an attempt to "influence" an election?

How the hell did we get to the point where we believe voters exist in a vacuum and make their choices without anyone trying to influence them?)

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have yet to see Smellyanne hit bottom. Every time I think she can't get any lower down in the slime, here comes another one.

Someone was talking about Sammy the Bull's Trump connection and the name made me laugh because her grandfather was Jimmy "The Brute" DiNatale. Philly mob.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dan Rather with a burn.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - but Scorsese has already made a movie called "The Departed"

[​IMG]
    From Gary Varvel of the Indy Star. Plenty of other good ones at
    AAEC - Today's Political Cartoons

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Twirling Time and matt_garth like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I almost give her credit for honesty on that one. That kind of thinking is exactly why President Trump and his supporters are attacking the media. I assume most of us who worked in the media have encountered such thinking on a smaller scale. The media reports on something bad and somehow it is the media's fault rather than the fault of the person or people who actually did the bad thing.

11. Slacker

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Slacker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.