1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. Something that is in short supply these days.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before Trump tweets?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also: How long until Trump unloads on all Jews at a rally?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He wouldn't even say the man's name when he was signing a defense appropriations bill into law that was named after McCain. For anyone with grace, it would have been a no brainer to say something nice about the man. Even if you hated his guts, anyone who isn't a complete dick would have said something about his "service" or courage as a POW and how he's in our prayers, etc. etc.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Anyone want to bet that Trump's Twitter tribute to Robin Leach will be more heartfelt than the one he does for John McCain. Anyone?

(Nothing against Robin Leach. That's just the sort of person that Trump would be most impressed by.)

heyabbott likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This will make me sound like (more of) an insane person, but I honestly see YF's absence from this thread as telling about Trump's fortunes. Yeah, he wants us to talk about him, blah blah blah. But we've reached a point where even the true believers—some of them, at least—have to admit that this administration is doomed and indefensible in a lot of ways. We've reached the "everybody's flipping" point. The canary has keeled over and fallen from his perch. It's only a matter of time.

Fred siegle, 2muchcoffeeman and qtlaw like this.
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It was all known, it is not news to me. (can,t forget a name like pecker) Hell, one showed a big fat Hillary and of course the woman was on frickin tv for all to see. That, other than alien stuff ? seemed to be the most ridiculous. Honestly not only the enquirer, but most all of this stuff with trump,minus the tiny details was known and out there. Russians, don the con, cheater, liar, etc. etc. I will change my answer to Nome, None of this unknown. I understand the Clintons feel it is better to not answer to crazy, so lets not blame her because she did not tell us about aliens--that was really out there? ---or didn,t announce that she did,t weigh 300 lbs.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I like Senators that don’t die

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding, ding.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Known or unknown, does that matter to you? Just because there were suspicions to many in 2016, before the election, that Trump was a fraud, womanizer, birther, does that give him a pass now? IMHO, that's a resounding NO. What was unknown in 2016 was:

1. He had conspired with the Russians to influence the election; and
    2. he had conspired to pay hush money to Stormy and Ms. McDougal to influence the election.

Just as if suspicions would not have justified DQ him then when they were only suspicions, suspicions then do not justify exempting him from responsibility NOW when specific facts are now coming out.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I believe that’s one of those state-level things that Trump can’t pardon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.