1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So perhaps everybody who thought President Trump was selling a victory that didn't happen was right?

HanSenSE, BadgerBeer and Fred siegle like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

;)

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Cohen’s taped conversation put the lie to Trump’s previous and repeated denials of any knowledge of the hush agreements. Indeed, as impeachable as Cohen may be, the president himself starts any credibility battle with Cohen in the hole because of his own trail of lies. These began four days before the election when his spokeswoman Hope Hicks categorically asserted that “we” — the campaign — “have no knowledge” of the McDougal affair or coverup. Those false denials were repeated, including by the president himself when he denied knowing about any payment to Stormy Daniels.

So we have the sworn statements in court against self-interest by Cohen, with extensive corroboration, as against the self-interested, unsworn, uncorroborated, and, based on his track record of promiscuous lies, untrustworthy avowals of the president. Add to that Trump’s elaborate gymnastics to avoid answering any questions under oath. It is hard to see how he can prevail in a credibility battle even with Cohen."

Team Trump trots out three last-ditch defenses against Cohen's charges: They're all a joke

5. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Good God

Some of you voted FOR this.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I've read on this very site that Trump's opponents are unhinged, paranoid, dummies.

poindexter likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Vast deference.

9. Neutral Corner

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But feel free to sexually assault the people he coaches. Being a Trumpist means you never have to say you're sorry and you never have to pay a price for anything.

11. Neutral Corner

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If I called out every one of my Facebook friends who posted positive things about their team before some big game, and then went silent after said team got its doors blown off . . . .

. . . . I would be oop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.