1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'd drop $20 in the "he didn't write that" sweepstakes

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No way in fucking hell he wrote that. Or he grit his teeth when he hit "tweet."

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Next-level political maneuvering from Schumer, who says he'll introduce legislation to rename the Russell Senate Office Building in memory of McCain. It will be interesting when Trumpists reject the renaming of a building from a nominal Democrat/modern Trupist, racist bastard to a republican. The truth is that Trumpists will revere Russell when they hear he teamed up with Strom Thurmond to write the Southern Manifesto and lead a boycott of the 1964 Democratic National Convention.
    Amazing world we live in. Democrats have a far more favorable view of McCain than Trumpists do. Trumpists hear their boy disparage McCain's military service, and they're all in. Pathetic people.
    Poll: McCain favored more by Dem voters than GOP in Arizona

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think there are a lot of people -- many of them Democrats -- who would have voted for McCain had he picked just about anyone else but Palin as VP. The contempt that people from his own part have shown him the past couple of years is truly shameful

FileNotFound and BadgerBeer like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nah - he faced a really cruddy hand with what W. dealt him. I'm glad he got the nomination, but even if he got his choice of Lieberman, it wasn't going to happen.
    It's funny though. Republicans are down on him because of those few votes where he went against the GOP. The Dems praise him for those few votes.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or a syllable of praise for the man, just sympathies for a family. Never let it be said that trump couldn’t do the least he could do.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, the least President Trump could have done was nothing and any praise he offered would have been viewed as bullshit. This is a rare occasion that I actually think he handled the situation properly.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump should enjoy the break from the focus being on him for a day or two. But I think he's probably upset about it.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

McCain has been on his deathbed for 36 hours, and the White House can't come up with more than two sentences?

Hell, even the Arizona Coyotes' PR intern managed to produce a paragraph:

Slacker and OscarMadison like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When told of McCain’s death I am positive that trump’s response was a single word: ‘Good’

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One of the Trumpist candidates for the other seat in AZ theorized via proxy on Facebook that McCain made the announcement yesterday in order to take attention away from the bus tour. You know, the one with the Pizzagate guy on it.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The fact that we're surprised that Trump actually sent out a tweet of condolence says it all about this president.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.