1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

“Off the record: totally on our terms. Totally.”

vera-coking-house-940px.jpg

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Wow. What a fucking train wreck this will lead. I hope Trudeau and the Canadian government have the spines to not bend over backwards for this crook.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Very interesting journalism sidebar here about what constitutes 'off the record.'

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Off the record, Canada’s working their ass off. And every time we have a problem with a point, I just put up a picture of a Chevrolet Impala,” Trump said.

Trump really is the Impala of Presidents. Oversized, marketed to old people and not very efficient at anything.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If Bloomberg is the source, they breached their promise. Well, assuming it was actually off the record, which you can't assume in the case of Trump, because he lies about things. Also, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Bloomberg was the source, again, because of the BS and game playing of this administration and their twisted agendas. I actually think this clown wants trade wars with Canada and China and Europe, because he thinks it is going to play well somehow in the upcoming elections. He is trying to create his own populist issues. I also think that playbook is running its course. Check out the Washington Post poll, today. ... people are sick of him (60 percent disapproval) and they are overwhelmingly in favor of the Mueller probe (63 percent support): Poll: 60 percent disapprove of Trump, while clear majorities back Mueller and Sessions

The Star? It has no obligation to him or to keep it off the record. They weren't the ones who talked to him.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe this was covered here, and discussed, but I missed it. Did others know that McCain's mom is still alive -- 105 years old?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Oh boy.

Ukrainian separatist PM killed in bombing.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump wants this out. He thinks it makes him look tough and smart.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Jesus.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Link please for where the elected official named Rachel Maddow regularly incites violence among her cult?

Patchen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.