1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's OK with it, in part - I can almost guarantee you - because he thinks everybody cheats anyway.

Trump's the devil who acts like a devil and doesn't hide his devil-y parts. And some people have a twisted respect for that because it's like, "hey, he's an asshole, but he never said he wasn't, and he just might be on my side."

Then you take a guy like Paul Ryan. Now, Paul's gonna screw ya right where ya stand - know that - but he'll lie about doing it. Worse, he'll have that mendacious look as he does it. And - here's the thing - Ben Sasse isn't gonna nasty tweet that guy, but the net effect of what Paul Ryan would do to regular American Joe isn't much different than Trump.

American politics has been full of shit for a long time. That's a national sentiment out there - not the only national sentiment - but one of them. A prominent one, too. They all lie. They all cheat. They all steal. They're all rich. They all have no answers. They'll all say anything to kiss your ass and get your vote. They're all better than you, too. They're all really sorry when they get caught doing something wrong, mind you - but still better.

The real problem is that no one believes any political institution, ever, about anything.

Trump is a cancer, no doubt, but the host organism was ripe for it. And it may take something close to poison - for that what's chemo is, essentially - to get the cancer out.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

“If you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t tryin’.” —every NASCAR crew chief ever.

It’s all about the scoreboard.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s interesting to note that Microsoft and Apple, along with Sun and Oracle in the day, employed more Americans and higher relative wages than all of coal industry in America. They’ve made more employees millionaires than Oil, Automotive and Steel companies ever did, even adjusting for inflation, those companies, capitalist companies and socially liberal companies are better run, more profitable and have had better returns on investment than typical republican wealthy companies. Amway and Walmart, pure nepotism created their owners’ wealth.

Hollwood Elite, Coastal Elite, Biotech, Science, computer ... all the new business are not trump. Right wing politics relies on legacy dying industries. If money equals imfluence, there’s not a lot of Amway wealth that can compete with The wealth that google has created

6. Neutral Corner

I loved Smokey Yunick.

I guess the cynic in me has not yet crushed the idealist.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There’s a difference in cheating between Gaylord Perry and Sammy Sosa

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Everybody cheats? Magaheads will raise holy hell if a Dem cheats. Only GOP is given the shrug.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's kind of a big difference between NASCAR racing and running the fucking government of the United States. Trump is a criminal traitor. His supporters are a cancer on our society. They'll only learn that by the forcible stripping of their civil rights, which I support.

10. Neutral Corner

Bannon wins, though. He now gets to go play the victim.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He doesn't make a very sympathetic victim. few Goldman Sachs alumni do.

12. Neutral Corner

If Obama had ever said what Trump has about how the DOJ should arrest his enemies or not pursue a case against a political ally, the R's would have started impeachment proceedings tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.