1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wow, what a solid defence of a white supremacist from the board racist. She's also part of his confirmation committee, hence her seat today, sad racist dropout man.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Gary Cohn had to steal a document off Trump's desk to keep him from pulling out of a trade agreement with South Korea.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump called Jeff Sessions "mentally retarded."

melock and BadgerBeer like this.
  4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I waited at least a minute before liking your reply. Hopefully that does not upset the "like police".

Fred siegle, melock and lakefront like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Let’s fucking kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the fucking lot of them."

melock and wmwalton like this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Don't testify. It's either that or an orange jumpsuit." - John Dowd

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like - and had the understanding of - 'a fifth- or sixth-grader.'"

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I mean, I am going to need a bit more than Twitter analysts telling us "that's not normal resting body language, no one has ever sat like that, try putting your fingers in that position, the only way it works is if you have a muscular disease" before declaring someone's flashing white power signs on national television. It's also, other Twitter expert analysts tell us, sign language for asshole. Which seems equally implausible and dumb as being the reason she's sitting like that.

And there's this:

No, the "OK" Gesture Is Not a Hate Symbol

There are so many awful and terrifying things about this administration -- so many things we just learned today and there are still more than seven hours left in the day! -- and about this nomination, but this one seems Alex Jonesesque almost and isn't one that I'm going to write my congressperson about.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I hear this, but for me it's yet more evidence, already ample and ever growing, that this is a racist administration. That people still deny it, the way those same people are likely to deny, oh, say, climate change, makes me want to puke. They are either racists or deluding themselves. (SPOILER: @YankeeFan is one of the racists.) They need to be shown what they are every chance we get.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maiden name 'Gelman.'

Zina Gelman, John Bash III

Her dad:

https://empowertexans.com/citizen-profiles/lawrence-r-gelman-dr-common-sense/ht

A distinguished physician, Dr. Gelman is a second-generation Polish-American Jew whose parents barely escaped the Holocaust and found solace in America. Growing up in the shadow of the Holocaust, this son of newly-minted American immigrants developed his political beliefs viewing freedom as a remedy for the evils of government control.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So her mom's name is Maria. Maiden name?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.