1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's a very odd way to hold your hand. Perhaps that's how she always crosses her arms. Maybe it's a signal to the Stephen Millers of the world the next SCOTUS is a fan. I don't know.

But you can't just say "her mom is this and therefore she can't be that." Same as others can't definitively say she absolutely is a white nationalist.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ah, like 311 for KKK.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

“This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama,”

Yep, pretty close to that "Lonesome Rhodes" moment. I wonder how many will hear it?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, mom is Mexican.

You're really going to struggle to turn a Jewish Latina into a white supremacist.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, I was right. Half-Mexican.

Born in Chicago, Illinois, Gelman received his medical degree in anesthesia from the Medical College of Wisconsin, and his first experience with Texas was during a residency in Lubbock following graduation. While studying medicine, he met his wife of 38 years, Maria Esperanza in Monterrey, Mexico, with whom he had four children: Alexander, Zina, Rachel and Sharon. His wife wanted to live close to her family, thus McAllen became their home.

Lawrence R. Gelman: Dr. Common Sense - Texas Scorecard

Polish-Mexican Jew. lol. Kielbasa tacos with a side of latkes.

That's a family I want to have dinner with.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Is he suppose to wait and go back to "like" something? Don't people usually "like" something as they go by it, as they are reading it?

melock likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They pulled White Power Chick during the recess and put in her place ... Condi Rice.

How cynical.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

It's been long established here that you're an asshole. But you insist on giving your opinion on damn near everything.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I understand why people would look at the "white power girl" and think the worst (given this administration's history) but I just don't see it. I actually do that with my fingers when I am trying to relax. It is kind of a zen thing with me. Lets spend our time digesting the crazy in the Woodward book.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm impressed that the white supremacist nominee was able to get a black woman and white, liberal woman to introduce him.

He must be very charming.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t/didn’t know there was a white power hand gesture. I have no idea what that woman is doing, but it’s certainly intentional. Whatever it is.

There was some stupid game that I remember from high school that if you made a hand sign similar to that and somebody looked at it, you got to punch them in the arm. I don’t think that’s what she’s doing.

This whole thing is a farce and a shitshow. Being rushed in with a hundred thousand documents being withheld — for a lifetime appointment by a president who’s under criminal investigation and who is already an un-indicted co-conspirator. And this close to an election! Which I’m told can’t happen. That’s the new standard.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.