1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If Woodward has recordings of any conversion that Trump has called phony, the recordings, like the hounds, should be released.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump suggests protesting should be illegal

President Trump has long derided the mainstream media as the “enemy of the people” and lashed out at NFL players for kneeling during the national anthem. On Tuesday, he took his attacks on free speech one step further, suggesting in an interview with a conservative news site that the act of protesting should be illegal.

Trump made the remarks in an Oval Office interview with the Daily Caller hours after his Supreme Court nominee, Brett M. Kavanaugh, was greeted by protests on the first day of his confirmation hearings on Capitol Hill.

“I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that,” Trump said. “I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on.”

He added: “In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Capuano losing in Boston is proof that Pelosi needs to go. I don't think it is a coincidence that more incumbents are going down as we are getting closer to the general election.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lakers/Bulls, same thing.

Anyway, same question applies.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The same number of incumbent Congresspeople, four, lost primaries this year as in 2016, 2014 and 2012. There were two from each party as well. Based on other races in Boston proper where two state reps who were part of leadership were broomed for newcomers, I'd speculate the results here are more internal Boston related than any national trend. And Bill Galvin, who's beed Secretary of State since before we were a state, easily defeated his young putative reformer challenger. Every election is different.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No dispatch yet from the throne room?

They must have him sedated.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Heard some of the audio this morning on MSNBC. This literally made me LOL:

Trump: Well, accurate is that nobody’s ever done a better job than I’m doing as president. That I can tell you.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The latest from the Thunder Pot.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, there are a number of Russian operatives working in the White House, and in Trump’s personal orbit, but Mueller hasn’t arrested them because he wants to wait, and do it in a theatrical fashion?

Explain to me how it would be acceptable to allow these people access to the levers of power for one second longer than necessary.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"...form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact..."

[​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, are we still convinced that the woman of Mexican and Jewish ancestry, who’s grandparents fled the Nazis, is a white supremacist?

@lakefront doesn’t seem to be buying the “excuses”.

How about @typefitter? He was sure about it yesterday, and wanted to make sure we informed everyone of this fact.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The rebuttal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.