1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, she might be like that Stephen Miller feller, self-loathing and hateful and shit.

melock and TigerVols like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gotta ask her if she listens to Wagner.

lakefront likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Most of the folks here are too young, or not well read enough, to get the Bill Casey reference.

But, I’m sure you are aware of the issues surrounding it. What do you think about it?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

and furthermore

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Could be.

I just want to know where we stand as we start the day.

Does @typefitter agree with @lakefront and internet conspiracy theorists, or does he agree with people who aren’t idiots?

And, if he’s changed his mind since yesterday, how does he explain his silly, emotional response at the time.

Lastly, if @typefitter belevied that she was a Nazi, can we really trust him with the unfettered permission he seeks to be able to punch Nazis.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What parts of what we know are in the book strike you as being untrue?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu outmaneuvered. Again.

8. What about the parts that quote Mattis and Kelly, who both deny they ever said any of that stuff?
    I think thought Mattis(?) omitted mentioning the "crazytown" remark in his release.

Woodward is a solid reporter, but weren't there also claims he got stuff wrong and misquoted folks in his books on Bush and Obama?

I have NO doubt the Trump WH is every bit the shit show most people expect, and far worse .... But Woodward needs to show his work.

9. YankeeFan

I have no idea.

I think he probably accurately quotes what people told him.

And, if Kelly told him that Trump is an idiot, or Mattis told him that Trump is like a fifth grader, that’s interesting.

If Woodward quotes others, anonymously, telling him of these comments, it’s less interesting.

Regardless, you can’t tell me that Woodward’s careeer is unblemished without addressing the Casey “interview”.

If you believe it happened as Woodward described, go ahead and say so. If you don’t, well, then it calls all of his reporting into question — which I suppose is why people want to ignore it.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does anybody really 100-percent believe those quotes weren't accurate? Because they sure seem like the sort of things those people would say about Trump.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t remember the Casey matter, but I’m curious.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Probably a ploy on Mattis' and Kelly's parts to get Woodward to out his deep background sources.

I'm Trump is accusing Woodward of libel, he should sue Woodward.

I don't think Woodward is perfect, but he ain't Omarosa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.