1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So why do you believe Donald Trump?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Of course you should question everything Trump says.

And, isn't that already the case?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Given that Woodward has been granted access by seemingly every political power player in the 30 years since, seems to me you are grasping at straws when you try to diminish his credibility and veracity.

I do find it interesting that you are suddenly so concerned about facts and truth. I look forward to you applying your new found interest in honesty to the President.

HanSenSE, lakefront and Patchen like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Woodward writes something.
    The president says they are lies.

Who shall I believe? Hmmm.

I'm going to let Occam's razor decide this one.

5. YankeeFan

Link?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Never eat the fish on an airplane.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  7. YankeeFan

That's a nice diversion, but you still didn't say what you thought about it.

The article also never says when Woodward dod get into the room, just referring to a subsequent visit.

But, his room was guarded, as Woodward himself says. His family was there. Doctors and nurses were there.

How come no one has ever said they saw him in the room?

And, while he may have been able to communicate "yes" and "no" , Woodward has him speaking 19 words. That's hard to believe, even if you could show that Woodward did speak to him.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

As long as you're chasing conspiracy theories, do you think Bill Casey really had a "seizure" and a brain tumor?

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think Trump is racist, and I think a lot of his closest staff are racist, and I think that a lot of his supporters are racist, including you. I think you're very racist.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Even OOP would have to agree that this is unresponsive to the question.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

SpyTalk - Woodward dismisses CIA guard's dispute of Casey deathbed visit

On Monday, responding by e-mail to questions about Shipp’s allegation, Woodward said, "I don't think any security guard was there 24/7 during that period." He referred me to his Web site, where other accounts back up his version of the incident.

One, by investigative reporter Ronald Kessler, quotes William Donnelly, a top CIA administrator who supervised the security officers, as saying, "Woodward probably found a way to sneak in."

In addition, Kessler reported in his 2003 book "The CIA at War," any assertion that the CIA director “could not speak” at the time Woodward entered his room is mistaken.

“When I saw him in the hospital,” Robert Gates, Casey's deputy at the time, told Kessler, “his speech was even more slurred than usual, but if you knew him well, you could make out a few words, enough to get a sense of what he was saying. I briefed him on developments at the agency and the White House."

Gates related basically the same version in his own, 1996 memoir, “From the Shadows: The Ultimate Insider's Story of Five Presidents and How They Won the Cold War.

This took me 2 minutes.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I believe she did it on purpose. It was not a random way of resting her hand on her arm. Best case scenario for her, it's a 4Chan-esque troll job in a rather inappropriate arena at an inappropriate time. Worst case, it's a White Power symbol. Either way, it's a story, and yet another sign that your country is run by ghouls.

You're also still very racist.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.