1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, no one can put him in the room with Casey, right? No doctor. No nurse. We agree on this, yes?

And, saying you could get a sense of what he was saying is very different than quoting him, and alleging that he confirmed knowledge of something, right?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My gosh.

You’re either dumber than I thought you were, or are incapable of admitting you are wrong.

You should be embarrassed. This should match the embarrassment level of writing for public consumption that your wife isn’t good in bed.

But, you probably never admitted you were wrong for writing that either.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I never wrote that. But you know that.

You started posting here at 7:58 AM this morning. It's 10:52 AM. You've posted 17 times in between. The longest break between posts is about 30 minutes. Most often it's far less time. You have no life, except for what you've built for yourself as a message board troll. I'm sure Bob fucking Woodward is concerned that some racist dropout is questioning his reporting techniques. Still, I imagine he will be slightly less shaken than you are when you have to go outside and see brown people polluting your beloved fatherland.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Do you believe Bob Woodward fabricated these stories about Donald Trump?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whackadoo Alex Jones is in the front row during the social media CEO questioning by the Senate.

7. heyabbott

I completely and catagorically trust BW to accurately report what is told to him. I trust that nothing, zero, nada is made up, embellished or exaggerated.
    He is at the mercy of those recalling events. I have slight issues with quotation marks around hearsay sentences. If he reports a quote from Kellyanne as retold by John Dowd, who exactly is being quoted?

That said, trump is liar, complete and unrepentant as is his administration. And those that defend and support him are too stupid, biased or uncaring about truth to be considered worthy of engaging in civil discourse.

8. If it were just Trump, you'd be spot on.
    But it is not just Trump.

Kelly and Mattis, who I think are about as decent staff members as Trump has on his staff (FWIW), both deny the statements Woodward claims they made.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My entire adult life I've been reading Woodward books. They are always accompanied by angry denials that turn out to be ass-covering by his sources. It's easy to read between Woodward lines. Those portrayed as, broadly speaking, the adults in the room are always, always the sources who dished him the most marketable dirt. Chances that Kelly and Mattis are not sources for this book I'd put at next door to nil. John Dowd, chances are nil. Is there a minus nil? That'd be a more accurate assessment of Dowd's status.

franticscribe and heyabbott like this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Anyone called Jim Belushi to discuss his feelings on the work of Bob Woodward?

11. heyabbott

Has Woodward written a book about politicians where those quotes in the book were admitted to? They claim, in all his books, that wasn’t said. I never said that. That’s a fabrication. Going back to The Brethren I think that Supreme Court Justices denied their quotes.
    I stand with Bob

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump has clearly earned the benefit of the doubt. He is the only one to be believed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.