1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just read this. Helluva piece. And yes, is exactly what Woodward and others have been reporting from the start.

Good lord. They call it the “Steady State” to fend off Deep State charges. And the 25th Amendment has been discussed.

People in position to do something won’t do it.

This country is broken beyond repair.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Whoever wrote the Times op ed is a complete chickenshit. You feel that way, you resign, tell the country Trump's a menace, and tell all the reasons why. Here's a careerist seeking to cover their ass.
    2. Here's a stupid careerist. The Times now owns him or her body and soul.
    3. Is it Ivanka? That would be great.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Jones looks like the master of the sucker punch and then running. May be all he needs to beat Rubio.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No. 2 is the best avenue to figure out who it is. Who wouldn't mind being owned by the Times? Because you're right—talk about a made source. So... Kushner?

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Not especially well written, doesn't offer anything new.
    I agree the person who wrote it has no real courage.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

My favorite comment from the story:

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

No outing!

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Actually it's been worse than that., over something incredibly stupid. Not that I am surprised, mind you. This is what I have come to expect, unfortunately.

It speaks volumes that you would downplay this and brush it off.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're not as challenging or as much fun to embarrass. Yawn.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

To play devil's advocate...what are those "people" supposed to do (I'm assuming you are referring to members of the Trump admin and their staffers)? What is anybody outside of Congress supposed to do? Trump has shown how quickly he can use his bully pulpit to marginalize anybody who speaks out against him, and his base has shown a complete unwillingness to even consider the viewpoint of someone who crosses him. Look at Comey. Look at Bannon. Hell, look at Sessions. He's been completely neutered and he's still employed. If a member of the administration speaks up, they become an ex-member of the administration, and within weeks they become just another one of the establishment "crazies" who have been working to undermine Trump from the start. These people believe that a Republican special counsel appointed by a Republican attorney general who serves under a Trump appointee is somehow conspiracy of Democrats, just because that's what the dear leader says.

lakefront and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.