1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Oooooooh.

F.H. Buckley used it in a lede here:

Trump's Authentic Republicanism | RealClearPolitics

He also wrote Trump Jr.'s speech for the Republican convention. Not sure if he has had any further role.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What a load of complete and utter garbage; the "patriot" who wrote it should gather his steady state friends, resign en masse, walk out onto Pennsylvania Avenue and hold a presser demanding that the President be removed from office, pronto.

Anything short of that is cowardice and weak.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a shining example of winning the internet the way he runs off with his tail between his legs.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No chaos! Great Energy!!

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.

This administration person should come to this board. He or she would find some very positive vibes about the great president.

Patchen likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Songbird, the smart money appears to be leaning in Mnuchin's direction, due to the boilerplate praise for the administration focusing on fiscal policy and deregulation.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No way.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Beyond amazing what's happening at 1600. But, didn't some of Nixon's staff have an agreement to quietly intervene if the self-medicating crime boss decided to fire a few missiles?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I mean, at the very least hearings should be held.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Gee said something similar. I disagree. It's not easy to remove a president, nor should it be. And it can drag on. In that time, this moron can do a lot of damage without anyone in there to check him.

When Gary Cohn signed on and then there were rumblings that he was realizing he had left Goldman Sachs for a shitshow, and then the Charlottesville thing happened and there were stories that he wanted to resign, I didn't feel sorry for him. I think anyone who signed up for a high level job in that administration, traded in their dignity. They knew what they were dealing with with the bullshit artist in chief and were delusional if they thought the office would make him act presidential.

I still feel that way. I have zero respect for anyone who chose to work with him at the highest levels and in the cabinet posts. They gave away their dignity. But at the lower levels, it is still a job in the White House, and for a type of person, that should be exciting and an opportunity -- even if Donald Trump is the president. I can see getting in there, realizing it is worse than you even imagined, and then convincing yourself that you are doing something patriotic by staying on and fighting the clown in the oval office from within. I am not certain how I feel about that, I have really been thinking about it and I am still not sure, but I don't think it necessarily makes you chickenshit or a coward. If someone 99.9 percent of Americans never heard of resigns and makes a public stink, it isn't a grand gesture that is going to wake people up.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Flee, Shot Glass, flee to your healing space on the other forum.
    There will probably be Play-Doh and coloring books at the ready so you can pretend you are a 'designer' again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.