1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why? He writes 4000 word posts for fun. Why should anyone now believe they are his own words?

I can't imagine you would be ok if someone took your words and passed them off as their own.

I would also like to see the reaction if this was @YankeeFan who was caught plagiarizing.

We now have two known posters who have done this. @Rainman and Ragu. And we all know what most of think of rainamn.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It likely won’t matter, but they are showing some backbone for a change.

Nothing they’ve put out needed to be classified. Or a matter of national security.

The republicans are desperate to push this guy through without vetting. Disgraceful.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

My wife thinks Lindsey Graham is gay.
    When I adjust the rabbit ears on my own gaydar I can see it, and can better understand his cowardice.

lakefront likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The NYT -- full-well knowing the op-ed author--and reporting on denials by various individuals, for the first time strikes me as fake news.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's going to eat at Trump's mind till he goes stir crazy and hints at doing something so stupid that Kelly has to run and tackle him and hilarity ensues.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Some members of the New York Times editorial staff know the identity.

Presumably - since you're on this site - you know at most newspapers editorial and news gathering are two different operations. ....

lcjjdnh likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You read it here first: The author isn't one person but a collection of high-level staffers, mostly Cabinet members. The prose likely came from Chao, written to sound like a single person.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've read that idea, less the Chao bit. The thing is that one can keep a secret. Two people might be able to. Once it gets to three people, it's no secret.

Doubly true in D.C. Leaking that is like gold coin of the realm.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Just imagine how much more it'd be if he wasn't working so much he couldn't go golfing all the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.