1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And the dead shall rise from the grave...the seas will boil...

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!
    -Cheeto Jesus

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He said the election was a fraud until he won. He said the electoral college was terrible until he needed it to win.
    He’s full of shit all the time. He’s taken every position there is. He loved the Clinton’s until he hated them. He congratulated his friend Barrack Obama until he became a birther.

He’s a troll. He says it for the reaction. He has no idea what it means. Guarantee he couldn’t name a second world country, ever.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is he wrong, though?
    All of the impeachment talk, which has been going on since before the inauguration, still boils down to three things:
    1) Democrats are butthurt that they lost an election that was theirs to lose.
    2) They disagree with and hate anything Trump and anything Republican.
    3) They simply don't like Trump on a very visceral level.
    If and until something ever comes from the Mueller investigation, that's it. The guy offends their sensibilities on a lot of levels, and no matter what he does he's not fit for office. That's a reason to vote him out of office in 2020, not a reason to nuke the system to remove him from office in 2018. If we start impeaching every president simply because one side finds fault with him, we are very, very fucked as a country.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What has he said about it? Most of what I've seen is him calling it "settled law," which is lawyerese for "It doesn't matter what I think about it, because unless a case comes down the pipeline to challenge certain specific aspects of Roe v. Wade the precedent has been set and that's that."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, he's wrong. America didn't become a third world country for impeaching a president for lying under oath about his sex life. Why would it become a third world country for impeaching a president for conspiring with a foreign country or obstructing justice while investigating that possible conspiracy?

7. heyabbott

Separate but equal was settled law.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Like I said, if and when something concrete springs from the Mueller investigation then it's game on. But the impeachment talk has been going on since the day after the election, before any of this ramped up to the hysterical levels it's at now.

People laughed at me for this when I said it before, but I stand by it. I'm afraid of what happens if Trump wins re-election in 2020 not for what he might do in a second term, but for what the reaction will be. If he walks through four years of this and STILL comes through victorious on the other side, something will snap in the left. They will look at it as a systemic failure for which there is no longer a peaceful solution. There will be riots and violence.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're wrong about that. Joe Manchin and other gutless Red State Nominal Democrats will sell out the good of the country.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

“The real story is that you have an administration staffed with people who don’t actually like Trump or agree with him on the issues. This is a predictable consequence of that,” said one former administration official. “It all comes back to the fact that they allowed Reince Priebus and company to staff the administration with people who were not true believers.”

As if the Trumpets had any form of a plan or a list of potential staffers ready. Something as normal as knowing that there would be desks to fill and contacting and assessing potential White House staffers came as a totally new idea. If Priebus had not advanced staff members the desks would probably *still* be empty.

11. heyabbott

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Settled law" means bupkis if five Supremes decide that it is not settled. That's sort of like "No collusion" - no matter how many times he says it, it is meaningless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.