1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've noticed we don't hear much about the labor participation rate anymore.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It's simple: They will do whatever it takes to stay in power.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Meanwhile back in Fort Magadale:

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because you DISAGREED with the precedent.

You really need to stop playing this game. "You set the precedent (which I vehemently disagreed with at the time). Now if you do XXXXX (or something we consider worse) we get to use your precedent . . . WHICH MEANS WE SUDDENLY AGREE WITH IT."

You keep wanting to position yourselves as "better" (this "when they go low we go high" bullshit) . . . but playing tit-fot-tat only makes you the same.

The parties are Ted McGinley vs. Cousin Oliver. Two shades of horrible.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    SpeedTchr, cyclingwriter2 and Batman like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The key is only to impeach if you know you have the votes in the Senate. That's where the GOP went wrong with Clinton. All you need is a simple majority to impeach - but can you get two thirds of the Senate? Nixon stepped down before he was impeached because Senators told him he didn't have enough support to survive it. You may never have "enough" on Trump to convince GOP Senators to risk the blowback from the party faithful in more than a third of states - but you can stack enough garbage outside their doors so it starts to impact the party everywhere else.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

especially because I take off at 4:00 to go to the swankiest classiest ritziest resort in all the world

7. Severian

I remember a few months ago Trump was reportedly livid he couldn't leave Washington to play golf because, if I recall correctly, the government was on the brink of shutting down, and Congress couldn't agree on a spending bill.

What a child.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Not sure if that's where the GOP went wrong with Clinton. I think they knew he wouldn't be convicted but wanted the stink of being impeached on him and hoping it would discredit him and the rest of his presidency. Where they did miscalculate was not realizing just how unpopular impeaching him for lying about sex would be.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can we address the BS in our party that pushed Trump to the nomination?

FileNotFound and garrow like this.
  10. Severian

Here's one: The fear white people will be the new minorities.

FileNotFound and lakefront like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What athletic company has been on the lips of millions this week?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is true that the base was absolutely pushing for impeachment regardless - Gingrich seemed to realize it was a mistake but also figured if he didn't go along, the GOP caucus would find someone who would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.