1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s some top-notch critical analysis! Billboard economics. It’s cutting edge.

Great work, Matlock.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So the birthers, the people who thought Sandy Hook was faked and Hillary was running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop that had no basement are the sane, well-informed ones?

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes - we've heard this tripe quite often from the likes of Flake and McCain, who then proceeded to go along with Trump on between 80 and 90 percent of the floor votes.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Quiet resistance? You mean like Jeff Flake who calls out Trump on Twitter then rubber stamps every thing Trump wants?

Here's my request to Anon (and the so called other "adults"), do something substantive. Expose the conduct that is unbecoming of the Presidency and that is Trump first, not Country first. Fulfill your obligation to be Country-First.

Oh yeah, you say the traditional GOP/Republican values are "free minds, free markets, free people"? Where has that been? I don't see it. I'm all for free speech, I don't care what those with opposite views say, go ahead, let the marketplace of ideas decide.

You write of the actual progress: "effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more", yeah? How did the current administration and GOP held Congress pay for those new enactments? A larger deficit, that's how. I thought you were for balanced budget? Where's that?

Finally, he/she writes "reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans." When has that happened in the past two years? Where is the action?

Once again, actions speak louder than words. (Of course this could be a meaningful first step, I hope so for the sake of our great country.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Trump-Obama dynamic gives me a flashback to the moment in Act 1 of the first episode of season 5 of 24 when President Charles Logan had his predecessor, David Palmer, assassinated. Logan was about to sign a peace treaty with the Russians.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lou Dobbs has lost his damned mind, hasn’t he?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For most U.S. workers, real wages have barely budged in decades

For the biggest group of American workers, wages aren’t just flat. They’re falling.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I always get the best stalkers around here.
    Dude- there are about 50 actual libs here for you to argue with, please pick one and fuck off.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Um, that AND the 4.1% growth in GDP, Einsteins.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Discuss:

Obama-GDP.jpg

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That isn't what you said.

You said, only in reference to the billboard: That tells me wages are rising very fast because the labor market is getting very tight.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.