1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $8.3 trillion in four years. It would increase the U.S. debt to $25 trillion.

Trump Pledged to Eliminate the Debt. Instead He Will Add $5.6 Trillion

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You have a house?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. Short of the medical miracle of a Republican Senator growing a spine, Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed. The means used to achieve this mean that his seat will be illegitimate, as much or even more so that Gorsuch's. I don't want to hear a single word from the GOP when it happens to them, because in politics payback always comes around eventually.

garrow likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Did we mention the voter fraud in Virginia? I mean the GOP voter fraud.

5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything about the "guy with the billboard" or the company that posted it.

I thought anyone could understand but here's the deal.

1) When a company has to offer a signing bonus and higher wages, that means wages are rising.
    2) When a company has to post their open positions in a manner that gets in front of people who are not looking for a job, that means the labor market is getting tight.

I don't have to wait for Trump, or Obama or the Labor Department or a Harvard professor to tell me that.

6. Neutral Corner

I'm not certain that one job is statistically significant.

Fred siegle and Sea Bass like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

After 5 EST on a Friday afternoon and no new indictments? Darn.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I said someone was getting fired Friday at 6 PM. I have 41 minutes.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Did you not read what I wrote? I specifically mentioned the wall. Depending on how that is funded, it will increase debt. Those projections could be correct.

But I'm not talking about GDP growth in the future, I'm talking about GDP growth now. Right now we are seeing 4.1% growth without the significant increase in government spending (I say significant increase because of population growth, it's going to naturally grow).

You wanted to discuss GDP growth, and you used an MSNBC pic and I explained it. And I discussed the current GDP growth. You then deflected to what could happen. Which I already acknowledge.

10. Neutral Corner

Donald Trump and the Case of the $107,000,000 – Rolling Stone

"Along with ProPublica, the Center for Responsive Politics found that the sources of several other donations were similarly obfuscated, as well as that two members of the inaugural committee have been convicted of financial crimes, and that the committee’s treasurer was reportedly a co-conspirator in an accounting fraud case. Trump’s inaugural committee appears to be the first that has been willing to accept donations from dark money groups. In other words, it took full advantage of the lack of transparency referred to by Kerrigan."

11. heyabbott

12. heyabbott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.