1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Chuck Grassley probably would.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Duly noted.

5. Neutral Corner

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Slacker, I did some research on the 85-year-old farmer/'scholar' Grassley this week as he was the latest I felt could use a good Hulk-Smash.
    I forget who it was - I want to say Garrison Keillor - said the average senior Trump supporter longs for life to be like it was on an autumn Sunday in 1958.
    Grassley lived all that, so it really is what he wants, and what he is helping impose on everyone else.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Treason as defined in Article III of the Comstitution:

Section 3.
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Congress enacted legislation including that definition and some related crimes in 18 U.S. Code Ch. 115

18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

Maybe there’s some law addressing fucking with the president I didn’t see, but the op-ed writer and his or her pals didn’t commit treason.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

nailed it
    “It’s not his amorality, it’s his temperament. He’s impulsive and erratic. He changes his mind quickly. He lies frequently. He’s not judicious. And he’s not measured. And he doesn’t have the temperament for the hardest job on the planet.”

10. lakefront

again with the "dumb southerner"

Slacker, garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. lakefront

Temperament, such an interesting word. If only someone had mentioned this before, the voters could have given it serious consideration.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.