1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The full extent of the economic drop will be delayed until a Democratic majority sits in Congress and a Democratic candidate wins the White House. Then the far-right loons will blame the Democrats, much like the arsonist who blames the owner of the house he or she burned to the ground. Enough of the public will be duped once again to where the Republicans regain control of the executive and legislative branches, at which point the Christianists on the right will complete their goal of turning the U.S. into a one-party state that combines the worst elements of theocracy and plutocracy. But that's sort of a worst-case scenario.

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Remember, you can't spell "President Donald Trump" without T-R-E-A-S-O-N.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

You just outed yourself as part of The Deep State

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am not pessimistic enough to accept a worst-case scenario with the dramatic shift in the electorate composition.
    Millennials might catch all kinds of shit for their behavior but they are going to be deciding elections soon enough, and they have the most to lose if this bizarro world stays on its axis.
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but many of Trump's supporters are going to be deceased in 10-15 years.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was posted, but outstanding.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There was a time when I expressed this as "Each day more of them die and more of us are born". Now I get a senior citizen's discount on coffee. So it goes.

I think that there are a large number of very disenchanted young people. The question is how many of them will get off of their bitching asses and vote.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner-
    I'm not far off myself from that discount - I actually look forward to it.
    Look at the rallies. I'm not seeing a lot of youth there, at least where it's not being staged behind the speaker. The youth was ever-present in the '07-'08 Obama events. You couldn't miss it.
    I talk to a few of these young people from time to time. I had other things on my mind at their age. What seems to be on theirs is what kind of future they're going to have if this persists.
    I stopped making fun of millennials when I put myself in those shoes.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ethical.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

If he took two minutes to research, he might have picked the other guy. How about they blame him, or realize he is a stupid man who has to be told what to do. One or the other folks and neither is good.
    "Donnelly, a 2012 GOP gubernatorial candidate from a suburban district near San Diego, had already earned the backing of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul, and conservative stalwarts like Iowa Rep. Steve King and Charlie Kirk, the president of Turning Point USA, a conservative youth organization."

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have also read that the replacement rally crowd members were staffers.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Couldn't that just as easily be seen as a response to the growing shortage of skilled labour?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.