1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Very stable genius.

heyabbott and garrow like this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I thought the one dude was a lady, but that's on me for bringing my own gender biases to the table.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Mad King.

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm not even phased at this point.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Smallpotatoes and Webster like this.
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

NYT: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is “being rammed through his confirmation process with an unprecedented degree of secrecy and partisan maneuvering by Republican senators who, despite their overflowing praise for his legal acumen and sterling credentials, appear terrified for the American people to find out much of anything about him.”

Opinion | Confirmed: Brett Kavanaugh Can’t Be Trusted

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't want to be that guy—at least not always—but it's "fazed," and I only point this out because that's the first error of mine that appeared in print, and I still get fucking rickets when I think about it, please forgive me.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

No. Thank you for pointing it out. I often forget the phased/fazed difference, but I am glad you corrected me. Now, I know not to make that confusion in the future. :)

typefitter likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

#smallfixes

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He has been caught in five lies over multiple days (and years) of testimony to Congress or others for SCOTUS and his current gig. That should be enough to DQ him without scrutiny of his policy positions, which include endangering women through denial of choice; killing the poor through the ultimate repeal of Obamacare; and support of a dictatorial form of government in which the executive cannot be effectively curbed by the rule of law.

Notice how none of these policies reflects the will of the people. A supermajority opposes the reversal of Roe v. Wade; there is clear support for Obamacare (50%-40% favor); and a plurality of the populace supports the Mueller probe.

Trumpists have the power, however, and they're going to use it to elevate a partisan operative who lies to get what he wants without penalty. They are all accomplices in the conversion of government from advocate of the people to advocate of corporate greed; from potential vehicle of change toward racial justice to weapon of Trumpists' beloved Nazis, Klansmen and Confederate sympathizers.

lakefront and goalmouth like this.
  11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What has happened to Dobbs? He used to be an OK guy.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's because Curtis LeMay and Thomas Power are dead.

(Whether either was ever sane is arguable, I suppose).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.