1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No worse than peaked vs. peeked.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And come Monday, it will not be all right.

[​IMG]

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Bullshit. He will be confirmed on a party line vote, and will remain until he resigns or dies.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fred siegle and Twirling Time like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Supreme Court justices can be impeached in the House and tried in the Senate, just like other federal judges have been. In 1804, SCOTUS Justice Samuel Chase was impeached by the House for the alleged crime of letting his personal feeling creep into his decisions but he was found not guilty by the Senate.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Where the fuck has he been for the last two years?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I said this to Michael Gee before; I can understand this.

At last place I worked, the day after the local high school football team hosted one of the state's top teams, I asked the reporter about the crowd size. He gave me two numbers. Then said he'd go with the larger number. The publisher was very big on civic pride and he expected the larger number to be the one they reported.

What the big boss says, goes. Reality is whatever he says it is.

8. Slacker

Can't be hollering about Trump right after leaving office. The timing now, as midterms loom, seems right.

Former presidents fade out politely, anyway. Obama can pick his spots and fight off Fucko's insults, though.

TigerVols and franticscribe like this.
  9. Slacker

If readers know a reporter is lying about crowd size, what else might they think are printed lies?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

True, but what the boss says, goes.

People wanted a businessman to run this country. That's what their getting.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you take Trump's state by state approval ratings - and give him the states he's above water in, he loses 303-192 with NC. Utah and Arizona evenly divided between approvaland disapprove. Every place Trump in positive turf he has at least 4 points of a higher approval than his disapproval. Ratings were taken in July. Every place he's down, he's at least 6 points below water.
    By my count he's got at least 39 Senators from states where he remains well above the Mendoza line. Of course, the most recent polling was done in July.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.