1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Please stop fucking those threads up, I don't have all damn day to keep deleting shit. It's pretty simple. Keep politics here and there's no issue (usually). Spread it elsewhere and there is an issue. Your anger is misdirected.

No disrespect to anyone of course!

Carry on.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's fair to go after the Clintons, sure. They're creepy people. But the entire mission of Fox TV from the early 1990s on, and the GOP faithful who let a TV network dictate party policy ever after, was to make that frothing base keep seeing red, no matter what.

That, more than anything, is why America is so polarized today. Rally that base. Keep that PATRIOTS! froth bright red.

3. Slacker

I'm not angry. I suggested the penalty box concept a long time ago.
    Somebody fucks up, put 'em in the box for two weeks. Escalate penalties as needed.

How hard is that? Forget about "deleting shit." But keep threads open. Penalize individual violators.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I hope it wasn't anything I said.

OK, letting go.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And his vice-president, and his wife, both easily won the popular vote, his wife by nearly three million votes. The majority of the people were not fooled.

lakefront likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting a hurricane thread locked, fellas. Jesus Fucking Christ.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That seemed like a premature lock. There was some politics talk, but it seemed minimal and not heated at all. Plenty more about general hurricane tomfoolery than political ranting.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to be premature - I've had women tell me that before too. Ba da boom. Be here all night. You didn't see the thread in full throttle. NO POLITICS seems pretty simple, right?
    Now carry on or I'll lock this one, too, just because I'm a raging asshole and not a happy one

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get that Trump and his ilk are down on Sessions, I don't get why they malign his Southern roots by calling him a hillbilly and retarded. Surprised nobody from the South has called for a duel to defend Sessions' honor.

12. Slacker

Three Hours Up Close With Alex Jones of Infowars

In our article, “Conspiracy Theories Made Alex Jones Very Rich. They May Bring Him Down,” my colleague Emily Steel and I shed light on Alex Jones’s Infowars business. I met Mr. Jones in family court in Austin, Tex., on Aug. 3, after a custody hearing with his ex-wife, Kelly Jones.

Mr. Jones seemed rattled. He stammered and rushed around a cluttered conference room on whose whiteboard was a list of stunts — “moving in to Starbucks,” “setting up a safe space” — that the Infowars team could perform to trigger liberals.

Throughout the interview, he’d shake his fist, pause, sigh dramatically, and do imitations, including of my “saucer eyes” as I listened to his repetitive, bigoted and mind-bending claims.

During our reporting, Mr. Jones maligned Emily and me by name on his broadcasts, making misogynist comments and false claims about our work, including that we were stalking him and threatening his associates. He left weird voice mail messages, texts and photos on my cellphone.

In a discussion of his accusations against me among Mr. Jones’s fans on a non-Infowars Facebook page, a commenter named “Scott” suggested that I be mutilated, raped and set on fire.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.